Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    1994 Skybox Lion King Blue Moon promo card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1994 Skybox Lion King Blue Moon promo card
 Login/Join

posted
folks
again,i appear to be chasing the white whale here...the above card is listed on pg 84 of the 2008 PCEPG,but i have never seen one or knew anybody who owned one...

any thoughts??
walt

Posts: 19 | Location: illinois | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Walt,

I haven't seen that one but did hear someone was looking for it. A dealer put out a "wanted poster" for it maybe a couple of months ago. I would assume one or two members here has one but is not looking to trade or sell it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by walt:
folks
again,i appear to be chasing the white whale here...the above card is listed on pg 84 of the 2008 PCEPG,but i have never seen one or knew anybody who owned one...

any thoughts??
walt

Posts: 4392 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I saw one at Mark Macaluso's house in '97. Never saw one again.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of justalion
posted Hide Post
Some pics of the card I have.

Posts: 81 | Location: Pennsylvannia | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
The one I sold last year did not have the sticker on the back. So, there are 2 versions of this card, with and without the Blue Moon sticker.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of justalion
posted Hide Post
Yes,it is just a sticker on the back which was otherwise blank white.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justalion,

Posts: 81 | Location: Pennsylvannia | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The blank back was available at the LICENSING EXPO IN NYC. At one time I had 2 of them but they were both sold. I guess they may have run out of stickers but on one they wrote the company name in ink along with a phone number.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I sold the one I had a couple of years ago. It didn't have the sticker and was blank.

Posts: 4392 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was this the only card which Blue Moon did ?

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of justalion
posted Hide Post
I have been unable to find out anything about the company.

But from the name I am guessing it was a company that specialized in doing the copyright and licensing clearences for other companies, and did not make products like cards themselves, Though they might make some sort of promotion samples.

By coincidence there is a Blue Moon Copyright permissions company in Japan, with an subsidiary in Hawaii. Perhaps the office in NJ was attached and now is defunct. A theory but probably unlikely.