Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
IRC's no longer for sale in the UK.

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8426067952/m/4067056616

February 14, 2012, 11:00 AM
WarriorBabe
IRC's no longer for sale in the UK.
Haven't seen any posts on the subject here, so thought I would let you all know that IRC's are no longer for sale in the UK, see here

This is the (rubbish) response I got from Royal Mail via Twitter:

quote:
I think there were problems with other countries not recognising the coupons, although we do still accept them.

Well they have to accept them as a member of the UPU, but are not obliged to sell them. So tyring to insinuate that they are still good enough to accept them is a bit rich!

Luckily I have two left with a 2013 expiry. After that my European fanmails are going to become alot more expensive, not worth my while trading/purchasing stamps (I do for the US) when I only need one or two. The best I can come up with is getting some 5 EURO notes which will be expensive!

February 14, 2012, 04:22 PM
hammer
Very Disappointing Shake Head
February 15, 2012, 10:05 PM
Jason00
I am willing to trade postage if anyone is interested -- I like to collect through-the-mail autographs, so I need UK postage for people over there.

Edit: I should add that I am in the US, since I use a silly location on here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

February 17, 2012, 02:00 PM
Potato Head
The post office I use near work stopped getting them well over a year ago as I was the only person purchasing them! Frown

February 21, 2012, 05:05 PM
glim
From the UPU website:

Mandatory to exchange
The UPU's International Bureau processes several million coupons each year and deals with of all accounting aspects. The International Bureau does not sell IRCs directly to customers; they must buy them from their local post office. Although Posts are not obliged to sell IRCs, it is mandatory for Posts to exchange the coupons. If a Post does not sell IRCs, it is possible to purchase them in a post office located in a neighbouring country.

So hopefully you can purchase then from another country.

http://www.upu.int/en/activiti...es-selling-ircs.html