Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    IRC's no longer for sale in the UK.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IRC's no longer for sale in the UK.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted
Haven't seen any posts on the subject here, so thought I would let you all know that IRC's are no longer for sale in the UK, see here

This is the (rubbish) response I got from Royal Mail via Twitter:

quote:
I think there were problems with other countries not recognising the coupons, although we do still accept them.

Well they have to accept them as a member of the UPU, but are not obliged to sell them. So tyring to insinuate that they are still good enough to accept them is a bit rich!

Luckily I have two left with a 2013 expiry. After that my European fanmails are going to become alot more expensive, not worth my while trading/purchasing stamps (I do for the US) when I only need one or two. The best I can come up with is getting some 5 EURO notes which will be expensive!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Disappointing Shake Head

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I am willing to trade postage if anyone is interested -- I like to collect through-the-mail autographs, so I need UK postage for people over there.

Edit: I should add that I am in the US, since I use a silly location on here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
The post office I use near work stopped getting them well over a year ago as I was the only person purchasing them! Frown

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the UPU website:

Mandatory to exchange
The UPU's International Bureau processes several million coupons each year and deals with of all accounting aspects. The International Bureau does not sell IRCs directly to customers; they must buy them from their local post office. Although Posts are not obliged to sell IRCs, it is mandatory for Posts to exchange the coupons. If a Post does not sell IRCs, it is possible to purchase them in a post office located in a neighbouring country.

So hopefully you can purchase then from another country.

http://www.upu.int/en/activiti...es-selling-ircs.html

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post