Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Snow Bound

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8426067952/m/2997024086

January 23, 2016, 01:38 PM
Raven
Snow Bound
Well my 6 - 12 inches turned into 25 inches and it will keep snowing till midnight, and that's not counting the drifts. We have a very strong blizzard in NYC and probably the whole East Coast. Mass transit is closing down and cars have been ordered off the streets at 2:30.

I understand Washington DC really got slammed. They were worried about flooding. I don't know how the coastal areas are doing. The weather channels have been predicting the storm for a week and still no one knows what happens until it gets here. You might as well throw darts as watch their track models.

It's a good thing it's Saturday, but I don't expect to dig out until Tuesday anyway. Funny that this storm didn't have a name, it deserves one. Big Grin

If you're effected, hope you stay safe and indoors tonight.
January 23, 2016, 02:44 PM
barobehere
One of the most beautiful sunny days in a while with 40F temperature here in Meridian. The family just came in from an outside adventure.
January 23, 2016, 08:07 PM
Batman
They have a name for it - Jonas. All dug out group effort with several neighbors hoping there is just a dusting left so tomorrow will be an easy clean up. Nothing much left to do except head to the sofa and have a beer and watch the Telly!

January 23, 2016, 08:11 PM
Komodo
Yeah I heard that there was a big storm brewing. I think they didn't want to try to pin it down too much. I remember the hullabaloo last year when they predicted a big snowpocalypse in NY and it ended up dumping up north but not as bad. It's been a weird winter this year... It's been pretty easy on us, which doesn't bother me a bit Razz . But wow, NY seems to be getting a LOT of snow of the last few years.

January 23, 2016, 08:15 PM
H_Toser
We're at 28.6 here is central PA, which sets a record for largest snowfall here. There's just way too much of it out there and I can't imagine when it will all go away.

January 24, 2016, 03:36 AM
Logan
I'm in northeastern PA and we got off lucky - a little less than 2 inches.