Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Snow Bound
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snow Bound
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Well my 6 - 12 inches turned into 25 inches and it will keep snowing till midnight, and that's not counting the drifts. We have a very strong blizzard in NYC and probably the whole East Coast. Mass transit is closing down and cars have been ordered off the streets at 2:30.

I understand Washington DC really got slammed. They were worried about flooding. I don't know how the coastal areas are doing. The weather channels have been predicting the storm for a week and still no one knows what happens until it gets here. You might as well throw darts as watch their track models.

It's a good thing it's Saturday, but I don't expect to dig out until Tuesday anyway. Funny that this storm didn't have a name, it deserves one. Big Grin

If you're effected, hope you stay safe and indoors tonight.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
One of the most beautiful sunny days in a while with 40F temperature here in Meridian. The family just came in from an outside adventure.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
They have a name for it - Jonas. All dug out group effort with several neighbors hoping there is just a dusting left so tomorrow will be an easy clean up. Nothing much left to do except head to the sofa and have a beer and watch the Telly!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Yeah I heard that there was a big storm brewing. I think they didn't want to try to pin it down too much. I remember the hullabaloo last year when they predicted a big snowpocalypse in NY and it ended up dumping up north but not as bad. It's been a weird winter this year... It's been pretty easy on us, which doesn't bother me a bit Razz . But wow, NY seems to be getting a LOT of snow of the last few years.

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We're at 28.6 here is central PA, which sets a record for largest snowfall here. There's just way too much of it out there and I can't imagine when it will all go away.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm in northeastern PA and we got off lucky - a little less than 2 inches.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post