Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    The number of "guests" on the forums
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The number of "guests" on the forums
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
3 members
391 guests Eek

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3 members
203 guests

Guests should sign up and help discuss why 1990 Marvel Universe has been getting so expensive over the last couple of weeks

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3 members
160 guests

in the middle of the night Eek

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:

Where you are. Not necessarily in the rest of the world.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:

Where you are. Not necessarily in the rest of the world.

5 members
124 guests

129 total in the middle of the day Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
4 members
182 guests

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
224 guests

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Off site, in small conversations, the word is among former posters/members who are now lurkers or refuse to come back altogether, they have been bullied or have found that any small comment/question is met with scorn or belittlement.
Beckett is not watching, Harris is no longer an authority figure who steps in and stops it. So, people will continue to talk about cards elsewhere until they feel it is safe to return to cardtalk.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Off site, in small conversations, the word is among former posters/members who are now lurkers or refuse to come back altogether, they have been bullied or have found that any small comment/question is met with scorn or belittlement.
Beckett is not watching, Harris is no longer an authority figure who steps in and stops it. So, people will continue to talk about cards elsewhere until they feel it is safe to return to cardtalk.

That’s interesting. I haven’t noticed that recently, but I’m haven’t read all of the posts either. But I’m sure that there other message boards and/or groups that are much more opinionated than Card Talk. It would be great to have more guests sign in and add to the conversations.

With that, I noticed:

Members: 2
Guests: 170

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s interesting. I haven’t noticed that recently, but I’m haven’t read all of the posts either. But I’m sure that there other message boards and/or groups that are much more opinionated than Card Talk. It would be great to have more guests sign in and add to the conversations.

With that, I noticed:

Members: 2
Guests: 170

It has always been here usually in one or two members at a time that feel they are "an expert" on every card and every idea or issue that is brought to the table. I have been on cardtalk for 2 decades now and I have seen them come and go. Of course, now with an unlimited amount of choices to go to for content why bother to stay on a site where you feel like there is a "person" that always wants to talk down to you? That is what I have seen in the members who have left or feel the need to be silent.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That’s totally understandable and relatable. It’s like, why go to a place and post when the it doesn’t feel appreciated? Better to just skip and move on.
There are some very knowledgeable collectors that come through Card Talk though. I like it when I’m able to glean some of that dropped knowledge. I hope I’m able to pass some from time to time also.

For me, sometimes it doesn’t feel like it’s worth the effort though. Not sure which gets more of the hurt feelings: hardly any replies or a bunch of counterpoints shooting down my posting. But then again, maybe my posts aren’t worthy of many replies and need to be taken to task Twak

But I figure if I’m here and able to log-in, I could take a moment and post something from time to time just to add to the mix.

Members: 5
Guests: 109

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Members: 3
Guests: 207

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
2 members
213 guests

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
5 members
259 guests

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Been awhile for this thread, but I have noticed a significant uptick of guests on the forum at times in the last couple of weeks. Don't know what to attribute it too exactly. Something going on?

Right now, 2 members and 224 guests.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's weird. There are 379 guests and I right now.

Edit: Make that 420 guests.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that the different time zones around the world have the biggest influence.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This has been talked about before
It was put forward that it was people not signing out or logging off.
I have registered with Blowout but can not post messages as I can not get into my account or whatever it is because I have the wrong password or name
But i can read posts on the forum would this make me a guest if so this could be the reason there are so many guests on this Card Talk forum

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
1 Member and 78 Guests

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3 members
499 guests Eek