Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Sellers who don't answer emails... Ugh!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8426067952/m/2707009096

November 01, 2018, 09:18 PM
MarcG
Sellers who don't answer emails... Ugh!
I guess I need to rant... sorry.

I just hate it when sellers do not respond to messages on the Bay.

I am pretty sure the seller I have been trying to ask a question to is not away because they have been responding to my Best Offers.

I tried emailing and adding messages in the Best Offer, but no responses.

I know there is not much I can do... All I can do is complain on here! Ha Ha

Twak

December 25, 2018, 04:57 PM
catskilleagle
I guess they're too busy to close the deal. You'd think if they had the time to list it and are going to have the time to ship it, they'd have the time to answer a question.

Last month, I asked a seller if his "used" DVD still had the cards with it. He answered that there was no way for him to check but that if I bought it and it wasn't, he could always refund my money. Is he on the International Space Station? Not interested in an extra hassle, I decided not to take the chance.

Another Ebay issue: I won a rare 9-card set that was issued in its own 9-card page. I won it for a bargain price but then the seller simply put the page in a mailing envelope with no padding, no cardboard buffer, no protection at all. The page arrived all bent-up with three of the cards damaged. I got a refund and was allowed to keep the cards. I told the seller that cards need to be protected but she said they probably would have gotten damaged anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
I guess I need to rant... sorry.

I just hate it when sellers do not respond to messages on the Bay.

I am pretty sure the seller I have been trying to ask a question to is not away because they have been responding to my Best Offers.

I tried emailing and adding messages in the Best Offer, but no responses.

I know there is not much I can do... All I can do is complain on here! Ha Ha

Twak

December 25, 2018, 05:10 PM
Raven
It's a red flag. If a seller can't answer a question, or even just respond out of courtesy, while you are still in the "courting" stage, how much trust do you have in them once they have your money? I don't worry about losing such transactions, better to know what you are dealing with before they have a chance to stick you. And you will get stuck. Big Grin
January 08, 2019, 12:12 AM
catskilleagle
Another weird thing...I asked a seller a question (the original source of the cards - apparent promo). He didn't know adding that he had to sell some of his stuff because he needed the money. I missed the end time of the auction by a few minutes but saw that it went unsold. He relisted it the same day and had a Best Offer option. I submitted an offer for the start price which I thought was fair since it didn't sell at that price. However, he declined the offer. I thought I was helping him out with a quick sale for what it didn't sell at before. Does he think interest is going to go through the roof now?

I have to say I did get lucky with a particular mixed promo lot. While looking for something else about two weeks later, I saw the same lot with a BIN of only $10 and jumped on it. Looking for similar cards in Completed Auctions, I saw the lot didn't sell at $50 and then the seller tried it at $25 a week later with no takers.