Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL 2020
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Hurray, just as i was about to right this season off my Dolphins actually won a game. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not many bites for this thread I guess.

Enjoy it while you can wolfie, Seahawks tomorrow. Big Grin That would be a big upset.

Two games now postponed this weekend for COVID. Steelers and Titans was known, but Patriots and Chiefs just announced. Rumor says QB Cam Newton is positive.

If this starts happening the whole schedule is in trouble because, unlike baseball, you can't just make up football games, you can't just drop them and there are no doubleheaders.

Aaron Rodgers is on fire and I like the Packers. However he told an interviewer that he is in a better head space because he split from his girlfriend. Big Grin That could be true, but he should have been classy enough not to say it. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why the Patriots game is off. Newton can go isolate, they have other Quarterbacks, get on with it or concede the game.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Chiefs also have a player who tested positive which I read was the reason for pushing the game back. They need to test everyone and see what’s going on so the decision is a good one. Relax Wolfe!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And it was on national TV so I got to watch it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Hurray, just as i was about to right this season off my Dolphins actually won a game. Clap

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was going to start a thread if no one did on Monday. There was no preseason so I figured I would wait the same amount of weeks to get an idea of how all the teams were playing.

Yeah, the Dolphins beating the Seahawks is a tall order. Russell Wilson is incredibly accurate even on the bomb. He never seems to miss an open receiver. When I watch some other quarterbacks, and they miss guys who are open, I say, "Wilson would have made that throw." He just drops it right in their hands.

The only back-up plan the NFL has for COVID cases is that each team has a bye to play with. The Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers, and Titans didn't want to have their bye earlier than scheduled but at least they had that option. If any of those teams have cases during another week, then it's a big problem. I would think the NFL would have to consider a shorter regular season by one or perhaps two games depending on what happens in order to salvage the regular season. Postponing games late in the week certainly wreaks havoc with office pools.

Yeah, Rodgers also has amazing accuracy. He's had an off-putting attitude at times (all the time?) ever since the 49ers passed on him in the first round of the 2005 draft and selected Alex Smith instead. Rodgers, who is from Chico, CA and went to Cal, had hoped to be a 49er. Right after that, local Channel 5 sports reporter, Dennis O'Donnell, asked him how disappointed he was not getting picked by the team and he responded, "Not as disappointed as the 49ers will be that they didn't draft me."

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Not many bites for this thread I guess.

Enjoy it while you can wolfie, Seahawks tomorrow. Big Grin That would be a big upset.

Two games now postponed this weekend for COVID. Steelers and Titans was known, but Patriots and Chiefs just announced. Rumor says QB Cam Newton is positive.

If this starts happening the whole schedule is in trouble because, unlike baseball, you can't just make up football games, you can't just drop them and there are no doubleheaders.

Aaron Rodgers is on fire and I like the Packers. However he told an interviewer that he is in a better head space because he split from his girlfriend. Big Grin That could be true, but he should have been classy enough not to say it. Wink

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
COLT POWER!

Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ahhh back to normal, we lost. Frown

However, if we are only one touchdown worse than the Seahawks then we can't be as bad as i thought. Smile

I mean we could be a New York team. Eek

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I mean we could be a New York team. Eek

Whenever there is a glimmer of hope both the Giants and Jets quarterbacks either throw an interception, or fumble, or get sacked 15 yards back of the line. Only if they played each other, which they don't this year, would someone win. Maybe, they could still tie. Big Grin

Be of good cheer, the Dolphins have 2 upcoming games with the Jets. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Be of good cheer, the Dolphins have 2 upcoming games with the Jets. Wink

Great stuff, even the Colts beat the Jets. Elephant

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Wolfe!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just reported that all of the Jets personnel has been sent home because one person has tested positive. I'm sure there is more to the story, but that doesn't make it look good for Sunday's game, where Joe Flacco was supposed to start QB for the injured Sam Darnold. Darnold's only big injury is that he doesn't know how to win games. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So its a false-positive and the Jets and Cardinals should play this Sunday. If Flacco does anything good at all, expect Darnold's shoulder to get worse. Big Grin

Isn't COVID testing grand? You can do it every day and still not know a darn thing. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Once again the Giants have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, although it actually was a great game to watch. At least they didn't beat themselves. Too bad about Dak, but Dalton is a decent QB.

Get ready wolfie, you get the Jets next week and not even a QB change can help them. Both the Giants and Jets are having perfect seasons so far. Big Grin

KC took an unexpected loss. Good, that whole team has had way too much exposure since becoming champions. Maybe they'll take it down a notch. Wink

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Whoooooooo Dolphins slaughter the 49. Clap

Bring on the useless Jets next week. Bouncey

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Because we get all the 49ers games in the SF Bay Area, I was able to watch it. A great victory. People are being very critical of Garoppolo but there's no way his ankle was close to normal after just two weeks. I sprained my ankle once and it was still sore two weeks later (not easy walking through airports) and his sounds like it was worse than mine.

I'm not overlooking the Jets. In the history of Dolphins-Jets games they've beat us before when they were considered a less-talented team.

Jess

quote:
Whoooooooo Dolphins slaughter the 49. Clap

Bring on the useless Jets next week. Bouncey

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Getting back to potential COVID complications, it's already complicated in a real way. We now have a Tuesday game tomorrow and this week's Denver vs. New England game was rescheduled to next week. Next week's Dolphins/Jets game was moved as well. On one of the halftime shows they talked about a possible Week 18 as a catch-up week.

As the season progresses, the tougher it will be to reschedule games because they're going to run out of regular season weeks. There is that week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl so they can shift games around and move back the playoffs using that week so that the Super Bowl remains on the already-scheduled day and site. It's possible the Super Bowl would have to be moved to another week but maybe the playoff teams will go into a bubble by then if multiple positive tests occur late in the regular season. The bubble worked out great for the NBA and their playoffs go for more weeks.

Jess

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I'm not overlooking the Jets. In the history of Dolphins-Jets games they've beat us before when they were considered a less-talented team.

Jess

I'm blessed with being able to see all Jets games and it is truly pitiful the amount of money they have spent year after year on a team that stinks year after year. Its not just the fault of the players, but its also the owners and management and coaching failures.

The Dolphins are looking up now and the Jets at 0 - 5 have nothing to play for if even the QB change was a dud. After the game Gase is arguing with Bell and the rest of the players are not going to kill themselves if they think a coaching change may be coming, which it sure should be.

If the Dolphins don't put the game away early and let the Jets hang around to get close, then they would deserve to lose it.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So the useless Jets turned up and were turned into sushi. Dance

We are actually above the Patriots in the table, never thought i would be able to say that again. Clap