Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Frickin' hurricane
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frickin' hurricane
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
This thing is getting old fast. If you have never been in the path of a hurricane, it is a long drawn out process and just when you think it is finally over the next ring comes over you harder then the last. We are on the outside east of the Isaac but it has been 4 days of Wind and rain. Blue skys. Wind and rain. Gloomy. Heavy wind no rain. Everything dead still. Light wind heavy rain. Followed by heavy wind and heavy rain. Arrg!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
This thing is getting old fast. If you have never been in the path of a hurricane, it is a long drawn out process and just when you think it is finally over the next ring comes over you harder then the last. We are on the outside east of the Isaac but it has been 4 days of Wind and rain. Blue skys. Wind and rain. Gloomy. Heavy wind no rain. Everything dead still. Light wind heavy rain. Followed by heavy wind and heavy rain. Arrg!

I think it would be the anticipation that would drive me nuts!

Give me a good old fashioned earthquake over a tornado/hurricane any day of the week Big Grin

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Barobehere you are a brave soul, because I would have hightailed it somewhere much safer and never come back. Hang in there and hopefully it will be over soon.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Hope you are doing okay, barobehere. I know the MS coast got hit pretty good with this one. I live in the Baton Rouge area, which got a lot of wind and rain, but nothing nearly as bad as we saw with Hurricane Gustav.

The storm's slow movement was the icing for most people, as the steady downpour of rain is becoming too much for the waterways to handle. I was surprised by the complete lack of bad weather as late as 8:00 on Tuesday night. It was windy and very overcast, but virtually no rain at that point. Of course, that all changed later that night. In fact, it is still raining now as I write this.

And, yeah, Riddler, the waiting can be the worst part of the whole deal. You never know exactly what the storms will do or how bad it is gonna be until it's here. By then, you are stuck with it. When I first heard about this hurricane, it was supposed to head up the east coast. We were nowhere in the vicinity of its path. Obviously, that changed along the way. In the few days leading up to landfall, it was predicted to hit the mid panhandle of Florida, but then the target kept moving west. Even when it "hit," it sill lingered along the Louisiana coast for a few hours heading further west, just for fun. We were lucky, as our power was only out for about 15 minutes during the whole thing. Some people around here may be out for another 3-5 days, due to the flooding, downed trees, and repair work that is needed.

And, just for good measure, I put on 3 pounds on Wednesday, with nothing to do but sit around the house, watching the rain and wind, and eating.... Frown

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you made out OK Will. I hope you're doing alright, Barrett. Let us know when you can.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I'm good. It is over. Very minor damage around town. A few homes got flooded to the south of us. Thanks for asking!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Very good to hear you escaped it with minor damage, Barrett.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post