Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Chris Henderson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Henderson
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted
I don't know if a lot of you follow artist Chris Henderson on Facebook but he just posted this. Frown

"I had an appointment yesterday with my Oncologist to go over my most recent PET scan. I was not expecting good new but I did not expect it to progress so quickly. For almost 5 years we managed to keep the cancer isolated to my liver. In the new scan, In addition to my liver, There are lumps in my chest and abdomen. The cancer in my liver has spread to the point that my liver is no longer functioning normal. My doctor estimates my life expectancy at 1-2 weeks to a couple months."

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I am so, so sorry to read this. I dealt with Chris on a series of sketch commissions a long time ago, after I saw some of his work in sets. He's a great guy and quite talented. I knew he had health problems that sidelined him, but he kept coming back. I had no idea it was this. I can only hope they are wrong and I will keep him in my thoughts.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
I don't know if a lot of you follow artist Chris Henderson on Facebook but he just posted this. Frown

"I had an appointment yesterday with my Oncologist to go over my most recent PET scan. I was not expecting good new but I did not expect it to progress so quickly. For almost 5 years we managed to keep the cancer isolated to my liver. In the new scan, In addition to my liver, There are lumps in my chest and abdomen. The cancer in my liver has spread to the point that my liver is no longer functioning normal. My doctor estimates my life expectancy at 1-2 weeks to a couple months."

Very sad news

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ouch not what you want to hear, we shall hope for the best. Frown

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
This is very sad. Chris is a very nice person, I was able to meet him once at a show. I love his art, I have more of his sketches than any other artist. I hate to see stuff like this, and hope Chris is not in much pain.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I met Chris at a con a few years ago and he did this Mighty Mouse sketch for me. I enjoyed talking to him as well.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a great one, Steve. I don't know Chris Henderson but have heard about him here and elsewhere. I don't really know what to say other than I wish him more enjoyable time than he thought he would get.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Sad news indeed.

Chris was one of the OG in the sketch business and always did first class work.

I wish him and his family well in the short time they have left, and hope that they get longer than the docs think.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post