Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Insurance Renewal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insurance Renewal
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
There has been a lot in the news about the way insurance firms rip-off existing customers with high renewal prices as people just accept the price without checking. I have always checked mine and this week my car insurance renewal documents came in. The price quoted was £470, I went on-line to the same company and it came out at £280!!!! ALWAYS check

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Quite right, my car insurance had gone up like your's. I got on the phone and talked it through, i eventually got it for £110 for 12 months.

don't believe what they tell you. Shake Head

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Wish I lived where you guys do. With collision and liability I couldn't get a skateboard insured for those prices in NYC. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Wish I lived where you guys do. With collision and liability I couldn't get a skateboard insured for those prices in NYC. Big Grin

Seriously. My insurance is $100 a month (about £65).

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
oops

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
My old insurance did the same to me...

They kept adding things on that we did not need or want.

We would call and get it removed and then it would be on the next bill with something new...

We finally had enough and switched insurance companies and it has been a lot better ever since.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
NY insurance is a killer. I have 3 cars on our policy, all with full coverage (collision, glass, liability, etc) and we pay $3,900 per year. No accidents in the last 10 years, no tickets and no DWI's. My daughter lives in Pennsylvania and she got a quote for me for the same 3 cars at $2,100 for the year.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post