Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2022 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, the independent doctor who cleared him just got fired after mistakes were revealed. Easy to blame the doc to make the NFL look clean. Tua got slung to the ground pretty hard so he would have been out no matter what happened last week. I was a little surprised it wasn't a penalty. The flag goes flying if Tom Brady looks like he got shoved too hard.

And yes, the NFL won't want to hear that this shines a light on Thursday night games as a whole. I like watching football but I don't need a Thursday night game. The best team isn't always winning. It's the team that is hurting less. The NFL doesn't want to trample Friday night (high school games) nor Saturday night (college games) but they could do Saturday. College is on all day so a game that night wouldn't interfere much and it would give the players an extra two days to recover and prepare.

I'm not sure the season is in trouble. Give Bridgewater a week and a half and he can contribute. He was rusty but he still led a touchdown drive. He had a bad interception but they were moving the ball. Miami's defense bottled up the run but Cincinnati torched them on a few key passes. It's going to be tough battling Buffalo for the division title but the team looks better than it did last year.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Sorry wolfie, the Dolphins' season is in trouble, and so is the coaching staff. I can't imagine them bringing back Tagovailoa any time soon after two consecutive head injuries. There's going to be an investigation as to whether or not he should have even been playing Thursday night.

These short weeks with Monday games and Thursday games are known to cause more injuries, but they take the risks anyway. Until something bad happens and they suddenly care for a while. The defenses are too big and too fast. If a QB doesn't have a good offensive line he will have a short career. It's amazing that guys like Brady and Rodgers have lasted all this time, but the younger bunch won't be that lucky.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Steelers let the Jets off the hook. That game was painful to watch. Tomlin doesn't know how to take teams out. Time and time again he either waits too long to start and has to play catch up, or stalls out when he has an early lead and should crush the other team. Games are always closer than they should be, even in the wins. I have long hated some of his key calls. I think I gotta find a new team, as it's no longer loyalty to an aging QB that's holding them back. I wish I liked Rodgers more, but the man keeps talking. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Russell Wilson looked terrible Thursday night but at least we have a reason now. It was reported that he's been playing despite a muscle tear. He's always been an accurate passer and one of the best I've ever seen with the long ball. This year, he's been way off.

The Dolphins were down to their third string quarterback yesterday and lost to the Jets. Losing Bridgewater doesn't explain how the Jets scored 40 points, however.

The Jaguars were looking good but then they lost to the Texans yesterday, a team widely picked to be last in the division.

The 49ers look really good but injuries are piling up.

Dallas is a surprise. Maybe they'll Dak rest up longer than he needs to.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Poor Tom Brady. There is a lesson in here somewhere, maybe along the lines of waxed wings too close to the Sun. Big Grin

He stuck around for the Glory Days too long and it's really surprising. He could have retired on a pretty good career ending and taken a network anchor job. Instead, he hangs around for another season.

Now Tampa is 3 and 5, the playoffs are in doubt and Gisele has packed her bags. Maybe that would have happened anyway, but she wanted him to quit last year, so who knows? A divorce will cut him in half money wise.

Hard to feel sorry about these superstars who will probably bounce back, but even they make the same mistakes as everyone else. Brady hasn't been looking or acting like a happy man since the season began.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the team seems to be disintegrating at the same time he's not getting the ball to receivers. Sometimes, a star athlete hangs on a year too long. It won't hurt his legacy because only the longtime football fans will point out the clunker year while his fans remember the Super Bowls he won.

I'm not sure he's out any money in the divorce. She has more than he does so she'd likely propose that he keeps his and she keeps hers and then they would split their properties. The details are not being disclosed.

quote:
Poor Tom Brady. There is a lesson in here somewhere, maybe along the lines of waxed wings too close to the Sun. Big Grin

He stuck around for the Glory Days too long and it's really surprising. He could have retired on a pretty good career ending and taken a network anchor job. Instead, he hangs around for another season.

Now Tampa is 3 and 5, the playoffs are in doubt and Gisele has packed her bags. Maybe that would have happened anyway, but she wanted him to quit last year, so who knows? A divorce will cut him in half money wise.

Hard to feel sorry about these superstars who will probably bounce back, but even they make the same mistakes as everyone else. Brady hasn't been looking or acting like a happy man since the season began.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
In one of the games yesterday the announcer said that he saw a lot more games lost this season than games won. I agree with him. It seems like most of the games I have watched were given away with mistakes or just lack of a game plan. The Bills look good to me, everybody else is inconsistent.

Brady and Rodgers should go out drinking together. Big Grin

The Jets and Giants are back in form. Despite a few wins and talk of QB progress both Zach Wilson and Daniel Jones lost their minds in yesterday's games. They hold on to the ball too long and get sacked. They panic and throw the ball when they should take a sack. They get picked off at the worst times and they are throwing it right into the hands of the defense. The Giants are still 6 and 2. Let's see if the rest of their schedule starts playing against them.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Dolphins were behind the whole first half. They'd score to get close but the Lions would score again. Then, in the second half the Dolphins took the lead in the third quarter and then hung on to win. The Lions didn't score at all.

I thought the Packers gave the Bills all they could handle. They couldn't throw for much but they moved the ball on the ground surprisingly well.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagl
I thought the Packers gave the Bills all they could handle. They couldn't throw for much but they moved the ball on the ground surprisingly well.

Yeah but the throwing is the thing. Packers game plan is to run, but when they need the points Rodgers is going to get those 2 or 3 big throws. Now he's not pulling it out and sometimes it's a drop, but this year I've seen him off target more than ever. Three behind the Vikings and tied with the Bears with no positives is bad. They are going to have to win every game in November just to make it competitive in December.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh man, the Bengals looked terrible against the 2-5 Browns. You would think Cleveland is a superpower. Maybe Burrow should cash in one of his stylish outfits and get himself a lineman who can block.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
WE are back. After the blip that was three weeks of blah we are now back up and running.

Watch out Tua is about. Elephant

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Every time I say a team looks good; they fall off a cliff. How does the Bills lose to the Jets today by 17 to 20? Why can't the favorites play with urgency? Why can't they blow the doors off when they are clearly facing lesser talent?

That game just plodded along. Did the Bills just think they were bound to win? They should have, but they let the Jets hang around and Wilson didn't throw an interception. Surprise.

So let's test the theory for next week. The Eagles look good. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's Thanksgiving eve. The Dolphins lead the AFC East at the moment.

I thought the Chiefs were going to drop off this year but they are at least as good as they were last year. I don't get the Raiders. They should be better than they were last year when they had an interim coach in the wake of considerable turmoil. They played better dealing with the chaos, I guess. The Broncos should be better but they can't score.

The Ravens lead the AFC North but it looks like Cincinnati could overtake them. The Browns were hoping they could be competitive until Deshaun Watson got back but they've lost too many games to take the division this year.

The Titans are looking very good. They're running away with their division.

In the NFC, people were thinking the Eagles could go undefeated but then they lost to Washington and had to score late to beat Indianapolis. They've beat Dallas already in a home game but I think it will be a close game in Dallas.
The Giants are a surprising 7-3 right now. They won't win the division but they have a shot at a wild card.

The Rams have fallen off a cliff. A few guys who helped them win a Super Bowl last year are either on other teams, the injury list, or retired. They're probably going to have a losing record this year. Meanwhile, the Seahawks scored with their draft picks this year and are neck-and-neck with the 49ers who picked up Christian McCaffrey. The 49ers have been getting healthy too. I think they're going to be too much for the Seahawks down the stretch.

The Vikings are going to win the NFC North. The Lions and Bears are better at times and the Lions could finish the season with a winning record. These Packers of the past couple of years seem to be the only Packers team I've ever seen that doesn't play well at home in the cold. They might end up in last place.

The NFC South is up for grabs. Sometimes the Falcons look good. Sometimes the Saints. The Bucs don't have much of a run game but they could win the division at 9-8.

As for tomorrow's games, I think the Lions could beat the spread (9 1/2 points) and the Cowboys can cover. That Patriots-Vikings game could be an upset win by the Patriots.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every time I say a team looks good; they fall off a cliff.

So let's test the theory for next week. The Eagles look good. Big Grin

That's what happened to the Eagles. My theory worked. I said they looked good, and they lost their first game this season the next week. Big Grin

I have no predictions. Everything I say goes the opposite, except for maybe the Giants and Jets. The Jets have no QB again and the Giants can't win a big game, so how far are they going? Almost all of the major New York sports teams are underachievers every year and the fans keep coming and wasting their money. Beats me.

I'm just watching the games on TV now without picking favorites. Players are making too many stupid penalties that cost games and pass completions keep getting overturned by refs with instant replay and a magnifying glass. I can't get too invested with who wins anymore or it would be aggravating. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Week 12 has had some surprises so far. Baltimore was ahead by 9 in the 4th Quarter so I thought that game was over. It seemed like just a few minutes had past and then Jacksonville was suddenly one point ahead. Baltimore scored another touchdown and then I thought it was over but Jacksonville not only got another touchdown but also went for two to win the game rather than kick to tie. They got the 2-pointer and won late.
Baltimore is a great team but they have found ways to lose a couple of games.

I thought Tennessee was going to beat Cincinnati but the latter proved to be tougher, keeping Henry from running loose.

Green Bay put up a fight against Philadelphia and ended up just an onside kick away from a chance at tying the game.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'd just like to point out that the Dolphins won again incase anybody missed it, back in our correct place of top of the division. Bouncey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I'd just like to point out that the Dolphins won again incase anybody missed it, back in our correct place of top of the division. Bouncey

Don't point them out, stay below the radar. As soon as everybody decides a team will win, they give away the game themselves. Better to be the underdog. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Frown
I'm starting to think the Los Angeles Rams might not repeat as Super Bowl Champions...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last week was a nightmare for a Dolphins fan. It started out fantastic with the first play being a touchdown but it went downhill from there. Tua missed open receivers like he was too excited or forgot a proper throwing motion. His doubters continue to have reason to doubt. That was a statement game, playing another good team. The Dolphins seem to be on the way to the playoffs but probably as a wild card. As a longtime fan, I'm not expecting a Super Bowl run but would like to see at least one playoff win before the season ends. It's been a long time.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The games I saw on Saturday and Sunday were almost all right down to the wire, only one blowout.

Hard to believe that Brady and the Bucs, Rodgers and the Pack, and Trubisky and the Steelers can still make post season given the way they have played at times. The Steelers are a longshot. Brady and Rodgers have looked like they are just scrapping final minutes together. For the Bucs and Pack, the defense has shown up more than the offense. American football is starting to look like European football with these old guys. Everybody running around and nobody scoring. Big Grin I still don't get some of their play calling on key downs. Confused

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Dolphins commit suicide and blow the season. No idea what they are going to do next. Shake Head