Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    RIP Mike Tilford
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Mike Tilford
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Not sure which section this really belongs in. If you are on Facebook you may have already seen the sad news that Mike Tilford has passed away. Mike was a great guy and very active in the nonsport area until a few years ago. He will be missed.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I did see your Facebook post Laura, this is shocking news. I always enjoyed Mike's posts, even after he stepped away from the hobby, he always had great posts about his Danish heritage and his home region of Virginia. I will miss him greatly.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So sad to see this today, I never met Mike but he always seemed to be a nice guy and will be missed. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Sad news, RIP Mike

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP Mike Frown

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I was really surprised to see this news. That's terrible and very sad news indeed. RIP Mike. You will be missed among the card collecting community.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh no!!!!!!

RIP Mike, you were a wonderful person.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Oh no. This is very sad news. Mike was an awesome guy. Frown

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
This is a kick in the gut. Mike was always a great guy. We occasionally spoke on Facebook still. I would needle him about sending him cards to get him back into the hobby. At my first (of few) Allentown shows he was the first to come up to me and welcome me. This is tragic.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Incredibly sad news. He was a very generous collector and friend. My condolences to his family and those close to Mike.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post