Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    RIP A. J. Rutkowski
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP A. J. Rutkowski
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Sad news I just read online today that A.J. Rutkowski passed away. Frown

He and I are from the same town and I graduated high school with his daughter. He was a long-time seller at the Philly Show and back in the mid-90's he had a small card shop in the upstairs of the same building that he sold insurance out of. I picked up an unopened box of 1st series Topps Star Wars cards off him back then, among other things. He had some great vintage stuff and it was neat to hear him talk about how he saved so many cards from back in the 70's - a lot of it unopened and in pristine condition. He had some kind of foresight. And he was a nice guy. RIP Mr. Rutkowski.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
A nice guy always enjoyed seeing him at the show, he will be missed.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Sad news R.IP. A.J

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP A.J. Rutkowski

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Some people have a knack for knowing what they should hold onto. I hope the family sees that those who knew him are remembering him here too.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post