Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Customs Strike again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customs Strike again
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
Got a card from Royal Mail, I need to pay £11.15 to get my packet (not sure what it is) £8 of this is Royal Mail's handling Charge - I have been legally MUGGED

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well you best find out and it better be worth a fortune or i would not accept the package.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
This is why I now have two eBay accounts. I will use my UK based account for items I am buying from UK sellers and have everything else shipped to Australia.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's very clever thinking Tangent Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It was a $25 sketch card - which has now cost me another $16 in customs/handling charges. If it goes on much more it will be the end of card collecting for me.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I got charged recently on a $33 card (around £13), the way I looked at it was for all the things that have gotten past charges over the years it wasn't that bad at all.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
This is why I now have two eBay accounts. I will use my UK based account for items I am buying from UK sellers and have everything else shipped to Australia.

I do the same. I have everything that's being sold by US sellers shipped to an US address and everything else is being shipped to Germany. That saves a lot of troubles with the lousy USPS and customs.

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
I got charged recently on a $33 card (around £13), the way I looked at it was for all the things that have gotten past charges over the years it wasn't that bad at all.
But I think we will getting hit more and more

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by estephano:
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

I do the same. I have everything that's being sold by US sellers shipped to an US address and everything else is being shipped to Germany. That saves a lot of troubles with the lousy USPS and customs.

That's great if you have somebody you can do that with

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:

I usually get charged now unless the sender puts low value on the declaration. As Hammer states with the increased shipping charges and customs charges this Hobby is getting beyond a joke with the cost.

Now we are been charged for customs payments direct from U.S. sellers using the new ebay facility.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by estephano:

That's great if you have somebody you can do that with

Well, I do that with the collaboration of an old school friend who emigrated to the US. Even if you don't have family & friends within the US, maybe you can team up with a well trusted collector fellow from the US. Good luck anyway Thumb Up

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post