Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
May have to quit PayPal entirely...

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8426067952/m/1167017276

September 18, 2014, 01:00 AM
Scifi Cards
May have to quit PayPal entirely...
In the new Terms of Service for PayPal they have increased the time from 45 to 180 days to make a loss or Significantly Not As Described claim.

Now, most nonsport customers are honest. But some will want to return a card if they bought it at a high price and the price went down significantly.

I'm all about customer service, but 6 months is crazy for loss or SNAD claims. I can't afford the danger. Might finally drive me away from eBay and PayPal entirely.

I don't understand their logic on this one.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

September 18, 2014, 05:50 AM
wolfie
Blimey I allways thought 45 was too long, that is just madness.

You only need 2 or 3 weeks to know that something has gone wrong with your delivary.

September 18, 2014, 09:54 AM
Logan
Thanks for pointing out this idiocy Ed or I doubt I ever would've known. I can't make much sense of it either. After reading around the internet a bit about this just now someone brought up two interesting points: Tracking #'s usually don't stay in the USPS system for that long so what happens if a buyer claims item not received on day 179 and the tracking # is no longer there? and second, eBay transactions usually don't stay in their systems for that long. I can't even remember if it's 45, 60, or 90 days on eBay but the transaction is supposed to be long over by 6 months. But this person was told by paypal that eBay was going to make changes too to keep in line with paypal's new terms. Great. Shake Head
September 19, 2014, 10:11 PM
Raven
Much too long, every time these agreements get updated it is of no benefit to anyone that does normal legit business.
October 03, 2014, 09:29 AM
kane1
Big problem is that eBay/PayPal know they have everybody in their hands. The big problem, their "potential" competition or "Alternatives" like to copy-paste their fees ideas. If you are an Internet seller. It is just play the the game under their rules.
October 04, 2014, 02:49 PM
Will
Agreed with all the posts here. 6 months is way too long to have a transaction hanging around. I don't know any legitimate business that would allow a customer to hold merchandise for 6 months and then return it for a full refund.

I suppose this change in the terms is good for buyers, but horrible for sellers. So, what else is new? I find it interesting that eBay continues to hurt sellers, who are the ones who pay the fees on every transaction that eBay carries. Keep up the good work, eBay. Mad
December 18, 2014, 05:45 PM
Sidewinder
Probably due to there being too many people that are selling pre orders on items that are well over the 30 days that they're meant to. There's no point buying something due in 5 months when you only have 45 days to make a claim for your money back.

I've been screwed over by 2 sellers in the past and now I haven't purchased a thing from ebay in nearly 2 years.
March 09, 2015, 06:03 PM
David R
I had an incident about 12-13 years ago on ebay

Ebay auction in early May was for a $ 25 DVD. Seller was in Canada. The auction said that the DVD was a pre-order, not to be released until August 1

Like I said, I won it in May. I knew it would not ship until Aug 1. I waited until Sept 1, but never received it. Seller disappeared from ebay, and never responded to my emails

When I complained to ebay in Sept about my loss of $ 25, ebay told me that I waited too long to lodge a complaint ! But given that it was not to ship until after Aug 1, how would I have known that I was being ripped off ?
March 10, 2015, 03:44 PM
Raven
eBay has changed it's rules many times since then. A seller is not allowed to list an item for pre-sale so far in advance anymore just because of the situation you described. It's still a funny place, disputes are not always resolved as common sense would dictate. It's all in the fine print. Big Grin
March 10, 2015, 06:11 PM
stevetrek
I agree that 6 months is way too long.
June 01, 2015, 05:25 PM
BGH
Has anyone used google checkout? Other options?
September 02, 2015, 03:15 AM
kane1
quote:
Has anyone used google checkout?

It ate the dust long time ago. Big Grin
September 26, 2015, 12:49 PM
<<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
I quit PayPal, as well as eBay, they are both full of crooks! When it isn't odd charges on your credit card, its bad sellers who rip you off, as well as the sellers running the show! I have had enough of being the bad guy, when I get ripped off, and eBay taking the side of the seller! Frown
January 06, 2016, 09:49 PM
Raven
krebsonsecurity has an interesting article by Brian Krebs himself, who recently found out his PayPal account got hacked twice.

The most compelling reason not to have a PayPal account is simply because it's not secure, in spite of all the supposed safeguards employed.

As we move to a society where all of our financial transactions will be conducted through websites and in the cloud, I wonder when someone, some place, is going to make a lot of money just go poof.

Don't think it won't ever happen, the Smart Phones are smarter than most of their owners. Big Grin