Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
Open That Box Day 2008
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
Harris-

You can use any of our pics that you'd like for NSU. What can I say, 15 minutes of fame and all that I guess....Big Grin

Email me and let me know what you need.

Hey Chris:

Great! As stated above, we need the original images. The ones posted here are not suitable for print. So if you can e-mail them to me, that would be excellent.

Thanks again.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late post...

I stashed a box of Spiderman 3 cards for OTB day.

I was quite stunned to get an autograph I actually needed for this set...

Mageina Tovah!!! (With a cute bunny drawing next to her autograph.)

Oh yeah... and a Garbage Man auto. Frown

This was my first OTBD and now I can't wait for OTBD 2009!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Coming your way.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

Marvel Masterpieces 2007-Renae De Liz Green Goblin!! Bouncey

I was SOOOOO excited when I saw the De Liz Sketch. I have wanted one of her sketches for the longest time, and this one is AWESOME!!! Ironically, this is the only box of Marvel Masterpieces 2007 I have opened.

We had a GREAT OPEN THAT BOX DAY!!

Thanks Harris & NSU/Card Talk for putting this together again.

That is soooo sweet! Congrats!!!

I thought this event was next week Red Face and didn't prepare so I looked around for something to open... found a box of Austin Powers photocards I hadn't bothered to open. Razz I stopped opening the packs after I had a complete set. Big Grin Now what to do with these overly large cards.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Harris,e-mail sent.

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I'm one of the stragglers, but a busy weekend and a short nap later, here is my submission...

I pulled out a box I had stashed back LONG ago for just such an occasion, a box of Complete Babylon 5...

Box Number 0221 of 6000

Box Topper: L4
Classic Confrontations: Complete Set + CC4 + CC8
Movies Set: M4, M8, M9, M10, M12
Women of B5 In Motion: W11, W12, W13, W14, W15
Costume Card: C1 John Sheridan
Autograph Cards: A2 Andrea Thomposon, A3 John Fleck
And that should have been it, but there is more...

Sketch Card: Dan Shaefer Kosh! Bouncey

I'd forgotten how much fun to open this set was. It has lots of chase, and a few 1 per case extras to make opening those last few packs still fun. Babylon 5 was the reason I got back into the hobby in the late 90's, so it was fun to have some to open for Open that Box Day!

Now, that was supposed to be it, but earlier in the day I found myself at Target and could not pass up a Wacky Packages Flashback Blast Box as icing on the Open that box cake:

The 6 packs yielded the standard cards, 2 Green Parallels, 1 Pink Parallel, one Wacky Motion card, 4 of 10 Gyppy Pop, along with one Bonus Card Peter Panic.

After a boring show in Grand Rapids today, it was nice to settle into the hotel in Detroit and be able to have some fun opening boxes!

And thanks to Harris for keeping this thread open a little longer so those stragglers amongst us could participate this year! Thumb Up

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Any more entries????? As requested in the discussion thread, I've left this open a bit longer then I normally would (hey, when your admin calls something xyz day, he considers that 24 hours, but I'm trying to be more lax this year. Big Grin) So, where are you Ed???? I'll probably leave it open until the end of the day.

Oh, and do any of you want to submit your hi resolution photos so that we can possibly using them in NSU? I'm talking about anyone who wants to submit a high resolution (300 dpi) version of the sketch cards (or autograph) posted in this thread.

- Silverback
- cverdec
- AJJ
- ocdlotr
- Mdelbene
- cardster
- TheUberBob
- Qball

Also, those who took photos of their cards so nicely laid out:

- bakeded
- AJJ
- raider5gt
- batmancity
- Batman
- cverdec
- dis68

And finally, those who took pictures of themselves, their spouse (significant other, etc.), and their krazy kats, we'd really like to have these. Those would be:

- batmancity
- Batman
- cverdec

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Again, I can't promise anything but there's a chance we might be able to get some in the upcoming issue and if we do, we'll need your images ASAP in order to be able to do so.

Thanks.

Hey Harris, I will submit a pic to you on Monday of my cards if that is alright.

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Harris-

You can use any of our pics that you'd like for NSU. What can I say, 15 minutes of fame and all that I guess....Big Grin

Email me and let me know what you need.

Hey Chris:

Great! As stated above, we need the original images. The ones posted here are not suitable for print. So if you can e-mail them to me, that would be excellent.

Thanks again.

Harris

Hi Harris

I'll be sending the pics tonight Big Grin

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much everyone. I am going to close this topic now.

Thanks to the members who have sent photos thus far and to those that tell me theirs are on the way. I've receive a few so far but would still like to get some more.

And thanks again for participating this year. Hope everyone had a fun time. Feel to keep the discussion going over in the OTB discussion forum.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post