Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Trying to guage value on this promo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to guage value on this promo
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
posted
I won an uncut promo sheet at the Philly show. It is the 2011 SDCC promo cards from Art Hustle with Ron English art. There are two fronts: one is a little boy in a superman outfit and the other is a fat Ronald McDonald. There are 8 different backs forming a puzzle of The Terrible Two Year Old - Incredulous Boy (freaky little hulk child).

They said that there weren't any uncut sheets so this one is rare. I am not familiar with Art Hustle stuff and wanted to get an idea of trade/sale value if I part with it. I couldn't find any of these cards on ebay.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ifish73,

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I think this was available to purchase as well as the cards that make it up. Not part of the Art Hustle.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
I think this was available to purchase as well as the cards that make it up. Not part of the Art Hustle.
Ace

Shows you how much I know. Maybe they meant it wasn't available on the east coast?

If it isn't Art Hustle what is it from, Sidekick? I thought they were all the same, again my ignorance on this type of product.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
They were produced by 'Sidekick' & it was available at 'Toy Tokyo'.
I went to their very small booth but did not want to spend the money.
Ace

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
They were produced by 'Sidekick' & it was available at 'Toy Tokyo'.
I went to their very small booth but did not want to spend the money.
Ace

Thank you for the information.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
ifish~

I beleive I was told before we gave that away that these were NOT previously available in uncut form. I will see if I can confirm this one way or the other for you with SideKick since there seems to be some confusion here.

Here is a post I made on the blog about these cards leading up to SDCC.

SideKick Comic-Con International Trading Card Details

I'll post again if I can find out the info for you.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
ifish~

I beleive I was told before we gave that away that these were NOT previously available in uncut form. I will see if I can confirm this one way or the other for you with SideKick since there seems to be some confusion here.

Here is a post I made on the blog about these cards leading up to SDCC.

SideKick Comic-Con International Trading Card Details

I'll post again if I can find out the info for you.

Thanks Harris

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
ifish:

Tom at SideKick says the cards were exclusively sold at Toy Tokyo at Comic-Con. The plan was to sell them as single cards and as sets of 8 cards. 25 uncut sheets were given to Toy Tokyo, which they put for sale at their booth at Comic-Con. They may have still had some for sale at New York Comic Con as well. The uncut sheets are not numbered.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
ifish:

Tom at SideKick says the cards were exclusively sold at Toy Tokyo at Comic-Con. The plan was to sell them as single cards and as sets of 8 cards. 25 uncut sheets were given to Toy Tokyo, which they put for sale at their booth at Comic-Con. They may have still had some for sale at New York Comic Con as well. The uncut sheets are not numbered.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the additional information. I figure if I can find out what they were selling for at the Tokyo booth that would be a good starting point on value since I haven't seen any pop up on-line.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
They may have still had some for sale at New York Comic

But how come I will know whether they have been sold or not??

Posts: 1 | Location: S Wilton Pl Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amen Pitt:
quote:
They may have still had some for sale at New York Comic

But how come I will know whether they have been sold or not??

I don't understand your question.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I added scans of the sheet. I will also be putting this in the trade section when I get a chance.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I finally found something! The Toy Tokyo booth at SDCC was selling these sheets for $50. At least I now have an idea.