Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Outlander Season 4 promos
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Outlander Season 4 promos
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yeah $150 on a promo is crazy. But the $50 range seems to be the new norm for some of the tougher ones. Considering some promos can only be obtained with a pricey purchase from the companies not surprising. I’m just glad the P3 didn’t hit the P10 level like I was concerned it would. Might not be as rare but seems like a beast to find!

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you want to see crazy prices, look at the asking/selling price on the Flash Season 1 P2 promo (not the easy to find Season 2 P2)

This was the Gorilla Grodd promo from the Dragon Con. I would say that this is the most pricey Cryptozoic promo card, even more infamous than the Outlander P10

The guy who played Grodd was giving them away thru Facebook in 2016 for a SASE. That is how I got mine. Smile

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P4 is now listed as Wonder Con. My guess is that they are pulling out of ECCC. Bet they will not be the only ones.

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevins:
P4 is now listed as Wonder Con. My guess is that they are pulling out of ECCC. Bet they will not be the only ones.

Yeah, they made the announcement this morning about not exhibiting at ECCC.

There are over 85 exhibitor/vendor/artists that have cancelled their appearance.

My guess is that the city/state will have to ask them to cancel for it to happen. There's too much money tied up in the show by now that anything but a forced closure would probably be impractical.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I'm watching this from the audience, not a show I do.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The ECCC has been officially cancelled or postponed, depending on which sounds better, but its off. I think if the NYCC was scheduled for now instead of October they might cancel it too. Seattle is probably the most impacted, but there is a ripple effect going on in the heat of the moment and hourly news updates don't help. Big Grin This will be a problem for all sorts of large gatherings until they figure out the Coronavirus.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3 more P3 promos showed up on ebay and sold.

2 of them sold as part of a "set" of P1 to P3. Each set sold for $ 99 !!! The P2 is the one from NSU, so easy to find.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! So 1 and 3 are $40-50 each at this point. Did see another 3 on there for $50 minimum bid. Seems like the 1’s have really dried up. I would think it would be easier to find than 3 considering it was at a collectors event where as 3 was a fan event.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What amazes me is how people will pay $15-20 for Outlander and other Crypto promos that came inserted in NSU, even recently released issues.

Perhaps some folks are unaware of NSU or don't know how to obtain copies ?

It would be cheaper to buy the magazine rather than pay $ 15 or 20 for just 1 card !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
What amazes me is how people will pay $15-20 for Outlander and other Crypto promos that came inserted in NSU, even recently released issues.

It would be cheaper to buy the magazine rather than pay $ 15 or 20 for just 1 card !

Some have gotten burned before with issues not having the promo.

And buying the promo is easier than chasing all over town looking for it on the shelves.

Just 2 reasons to outright purchase the card.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right. NSU is not widely-available. You won't find it at the airport nor the grocery store. You have to go to Barnes & Noble or Books A Million and know about when it's due. If you're a week late, you might find one that hasn't been opened but then you have to know when an Outlander card is in there. Somebody who doesn't know that probably just collects Outlander stuff - might not even know it was in a magazine.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Some have gotten burned before with issues not having the promo.

And buying the promo is easier than chasing all over town looking for it on the shelves.

Just 2 reasons to outright purchase the card.

Ed

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a few P4’s have hit online. Saw one go for $5! Didn’t get it. Other than that prices are all over the place.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From Cryptozoic. Promos P5 and P6.

Outlander Trading Cards Season 4: Convention Wardrobe Cards CE2 & CE3: These limited edition Dual Wardrobe Cards contain actual pieces of fabrics used in the production of costumes worn by stars Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe (CE2) and Sam Heughan and Ed Speleers (CE3) in Season 4 of Outlander. Only 200 of each card has been produced, with all cards individually numbered. Available for $30 on the Cryptozoic Store starting April 16 at 1 pm PT, each card will include Cryptozoic Con-exclusive Promo Cards P5 and P6, as well as the previously available Promo Card P4.

posted Hide Post
I managed to get one of the costume cards with the 3 promos. A buddy of mine went on a few minutes after me and they were already gone. Looks like they sold out in 10 minutes! Finally got a P3 for $35 so I am up to date.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I forgot to get in on that yesterday - remembered hours later. I'm not into Outlander but those cards must be killer trade material right now.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Kevins:
I managed to get one of the costume cards with the 3 promos. A buddy of mine went on a few minutes after me and they were already gone. Looks like they sold out in 10 minutes! Finally got a P3 for $35 so I am up to date.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently promos P7 to P9 will be at some event(s) in June. Not sure what or where.

Maybe something similar to the P5 and P6 ?

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
They will be available at Cryptocon 2 in mid June with a purchase of Outlander convention cards.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Have been working on a list of all Cryptozoic Promo Cards and was all most done. Now I will need to go back to make sure I add P7 - P9 for Outlander Season 4

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New promo P7 is in the latest NSU.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
From the other thread, Outlander promos P5, P7 and P8 have been reported to be found in the August/September 2020 issue of NSU so far. It looks like the cancellation of scheduled events may have caused these promos to be distributed in ways other than originally intended.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
P7 to P9 were included with the online Cryptocon offers

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post