Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2018 PROMOS
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
Any word on suspected promos for the upcoming San Diego Comic Con??
Didn't see anything.
Ace Confused

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am guessing that Cryptozoic will have a few

At the Wondercon a few months ago, Crypto had cards P1 to P6 and P14 in the Cryptkin figures, but so far (to my knowledge) we have not yet seen P7 to P13

Also, possibly Outlander Series 3 and DC Bombshells Series 2 promos ?

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ndbag and the Boogeyman will have new cards. Probably 4 new ones.

He's had new cards at SDCC every year since 2009!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Does Cryptozoic have a booth?
Roll Eyes

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I believe that the SDCC website says that Crypto will have a booth. Check the list of dealers. But I don't see any info on cards by them, just toys, games, etc.

UPDATE: Website says Booth 115

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic sent an email today to folks, setting forth what they will have at SDCC.

While most of it appears to be statutes, figures and toys, they will also have this:

Cryptkins pack of 6 cards ($10 per pack); you get in it 2 promos, 1 download card, 1 sketch, and 2 Which Cryptkin? cards; looks like you need multiple packs to make a set, as the Which Cryptkin card that they show in their scan is numbered W3.

Outlander Series 3 wardrobe card CE3. 299 made, cost $ 25

Rick and Morty exclusive card pack, $ 5. This is a 5 card pack with random sketches and autos and "an exclusive card" that you can't get anywhere else. No info on what that card is, exactly. The autos and sketches are 1 per 24 packs

posted Hide Post
Announced by Topps today:

2018 Topps SDCC Star Wars Promo Set

It costs $20 and is limited to 199 sets. This one will be a hot item.

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:
Announced by Topps today:

2018 Topps SDCC Star Wars Promo Set

It costs $20 and is limited to 199 sets. This one will be a hot item.

Was just about to reference this in another thread when I hit the link and noticed TOPPS calls this set an exclusive for SDCC, no mention of promo there. Is it a promo set or not? It has to be bought.

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RR Parks Cards will have a exclusive Sharknado promo at a panel discussion/event. Not sure of the details as to when and where exactly.

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There appears to be a Star Wars card of Rey by Topps that advertises Star Wars Authentics and gives you 10 % off a purchase

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
That Star Wars Card (of Rey) looks to be the same one that was inserted with packs of The Last Jedi - Series 2

Posts: 283 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Sounds like slim pickens. Frown

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Outlander 3 P7 and P8 promos mentioned in the other post are at SDCC ? They are showing up "you know where".

Where are P4 to P6 ?

P7 is listed as a "Vegas show" promo, not sure about where P8 is/was.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there is a Rick and Morty P8 promo at the show

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen them yet, by Crypto's website says that DC Bombshells Series 2 promos P1 to P3 will be at SDCC

posted Hide Post
Thursday felt more crowded then recent years, with less stuff overall. Found some cards at Gentle Giant (3513) advertising their convention exclusives and guild gifts, unnumbered but checklists on the back (15 for exclusives and 5 for gifts). HMN Podcast (3919 I think, across from the Shag Store) is doing 8 cards to advertise their horror movie night podcasts. 2 per day but the guy was very friendly and might have previous days if asked.

Topps sold out of their blue bordered packs well before noon Thursday. Upper Deck sold out of their Marvel 10th anniversary for the day, they said they sell out their daily supply in about an hour.

Posts: 18 | Location: Berkeley, CA USA | Registered: September 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Crypto has Cryptkins promo P15

P1 to P6 and P14 were at the spring Wondercon

Have not seen P7 to P13 yet...

posted Hide Post
I threw P7 and P13 into Beckett's DB yesterday. They are:

P7 Mothman
P13 Cosmic Cthulhu

Haven't seen P8-P12 yet though.

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Costumers Design Guild also had cards. I found 9 different, they were not numbered.
Mark's Non-Sport cards had Chaney Legacy promo cards. Seems like it's a 9-card set, I think the higher numbers (7-9) were given out at SDCC, not sure when the lower numbers were released.
Upper Deck had 5x7 cards for artists to sign, I picked up 2 different (not sure how many there were as I did not see signage for it).
Genesis2 comics also had promo cards. I picked up P4, not sure how many there were altogether.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:
I threw P7 and P13 into Beckett's DB yesterday. They are:

P7 Mothman
P13 Cosmic Cthulhu

Haven't seen P8-P12 yet though.

I have seen you know where a P11 of Nightcrawler

I have seen up to P15, but no P8-P10 or P12 as of yet