Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    DC Comics The New 52 P1
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Comics The New 52 P1
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone see this Cryptozoic promo yet ? I have not

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Supposedly these were at the Gen Con this past weekend. Has anyone seen any show up yet ? I have not

I have heard that they will also be at a comic show in CA in Sept

Hope these are not tough to find ! If so, it will be disappointing

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Is there a photo? I don't see anything.

Check out my blog at Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We are giving the card away at some shows this summer, but I will bring some with me to Non Sport Show in October to give you a chance to pick them up there.

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miranda:
We are giving the card away at some shows this summer, but I will bring some with me to Non Sport Show in October to give you a chance to pick them up there.

We'll see you at the show. Thumb Up

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have finally seen one of these--but I don't have one, myself.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
DAVID R asked me to post this scan:

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first and only one I have ever seen sold earlier today on an auction site for $63.

Perhaps a good price, as to my knowledge, none of these have shown up anywhere...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of DasMuse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
The first and only one I have ever seen sold earlier today on an auction site for $63.

Perhaps a good price, as to my knowledge, none of these have shown up anywhere...

i was just gonna post about this... i've been watching it for days, and i assumed it would go for less than $20... i bid $45 and was very disappointed to see that it had gone much higher before i could bid again. i already have the entire set (excluding sketch's obviously)and my OCD is going nuts because i don't have this one, lol... i really hope more show up soon.

Posts: 7 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some of these Cryptozoic promos are tough to find. This P1 is the only one I have ever seen, to date, and I have never, ever seen the Tarzan P6 show up on ebay.

Even the Castle P1 seems to go for at least $10.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of DasMuse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Some of these Cryptozoic promos are tough to find. This P1 is the only one I have ever seen, to date, and I have never, ever seen the Tarzan P6 show up on ebay.

Even the Castle P1 seems to go for at least $10.

this is the first i've seen it too... i had the batman p1 from the magazine since it was released and up until i seen this one on ebay i assumed the batman one was the p1 promo i heard about for the new 52 set... then when i actually took the time to look at the back of the card i realized that it was the promo for the batman set coming out later this year.

Posts: 7 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They claim that the DC 52 P1 was given out at the Gen Con in August, but people have posted above saying that they attended the con, and did not see it. It was also supposedly at Stan Lee's Comic-kaze (sp ?) Con in California, a few weeks ago

This is another Crypto promo that was not widely distributed, like with the Tarzan P2 earlier this year (Edgar Rice Burroughs Con), the P6 (some licensing show), and The Guild P1 promo from 2011 (Blizzcon exclusive), although a bunch of the Guilds later showed up on ebay

New Card Talk Member
Picture of DasMuse
posted Hide Post
the guy selling it just sent me a "second chance offer"... i don't know if i'm being scammed or not (buyers bidding on their own stuff)... hes offering it to me for $62. does anyone think i should take it or wait for another one?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DasMuse:
the guy selling it just sent me a "second chance offer"... i don't know if i'm being scammed or not (buyers bidding on their own stuff)... hes offering it to me for $62. does anyone think i should take it or wait for another one?

I think all of you that bid that much on this card, are crazy. 5 buck top dollar.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:
Originally posted by DasMuse:

I think all of you that bid that much on this card, are crazy. 5 buck top dollar.

I fully agree.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic said that they would have this promo at the Philly show. Wait for the show to happen and you will see more on Ebay, I think.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
Cryptozoic said that they would have this promo at the Philly show. Wait for the show to happen and you will see more on Ebay, I think.

I agree. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought that I read somewhere that this MAY be one of the promos that Crypto will have at Philly as part of that "promo exchange" deal, like they had in the past. In other words, to get this promo, you'd have to give them a different Crypto promo as a trade. So perhaps those that get the DC 52 P1, if they get it, will keep it for their own collection and won't put it on ebay. We shall see.

New Card Talk Member
Picture of DasMuse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I thought that I read somewhere that this MAY be one of the promos that Crypto will have at Philly as part of that "promo exchange" deal, like they had in the past. In other words, to get this promo, you'd have to give them a different Crypto promo as a trade. So perhaps those that get the DC 52 P1, if they get it, will keep it for their own collection and won't put it on ebay. We shall see.

thats kinda what i'm worried about. i'm worried that if i wait i may not see another one. or the price will go even higher. but theres no way i would pay that much for a promo card that has the same art as a card in the base set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I sincerely doubt that you're going to see a pile of these at Crypto's table at Philly for any fan to grab a handful of. Anyone who gets this promo is going to keep it for him/ herself. I think this is particularly true because by Philly it will be an "old" promo, and the card set itself will long be out.

But I could be wrong, as I have been in the past ! Perhaps you will also see the super hard to find Tarzan P6 at Philly, though somehow I doubt it...