Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Cult Stuff Promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Cult Stuff Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
War of the Worlds Illustrated P1 and P2

Felle's Belles P2

Sherlock and the Martians P2

Hound of the Baskervilles P1

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also, new Sherlock NTSC1

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dave, there are others

There is a War of the Worlds P3, also

The War of the Worlds P1-P3, and the Hound of the Baskervilles P1 all come in 2 versions each, glossy and flat

I have also seen a brand new Sherlock magno card for the Long Stories set, shows Dr. Watson, and says PROOF CARD on the back

Posts: 3988 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sherlock NTSC1 comes in 2 versions

Also, now there is Sherlock PTC1A and PTC1B
Haven't seen C yet

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RT Cards has a new, exclusive Magno Card

Says "Limited Magno Promo" on the front

Supposedly only 10 made !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sherlock PTC1 C, a canvas card, is also limited to 10

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I noticed that Hound of the Baskervilles P1 says P1 A, B or C on the backs

I have seen P1A and B

Has anyone seen a P1C ?

Posts: 3988 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen the Sherlock Long Stories MC5 Magno promo, but without the magnet back, and instead a copper foil back

Pretty much the same as the Sign of the Four Sherlock promo with the copper foil back, that is not too hard to find

I wonder if this is a unique promo, possibly 1/1 ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cult Stuff has finally updated its website

They have for sale a new World War I set called War Illustrated

Only 35 packs total made, and a new promo card is supposedly inserted in each

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me how it pays for Cult Stuff to design any product that has only 35 packs?

How much profit can the company possibly make to support making the effort?

And then it has a promo card no less. For what? The packs can be sold out to one large family. Big Grin

I just don't get this one. Confused

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

To understand this one you have to be aware of the problems they have been having over this year. They are doing really well to get this out at all.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anyone tell me how it pays for Cult Stuff to design any product that has only 35 packs?

And then it has a promo card no less. For what? The packs can be sold out to one large family. Big Grin

We have cards from products that have been discontinued, and extras from other sets, so rather than bin these or leave them locked up in a box forever we made a few changes and offered them as a very limited retail premium pack. We will not make a lot of money if any on the deal, but it clears the stock and gets it into the hands of collectors rather than sitting in a box. The promo is for another very limited premium set of the same type. These limited releases are simply a way of getting a niche product out. This is just a way to test the market and get cards to collectors where they belong. The seem to be well received with just a few single packs left. We could have padded it our and put 1 or 2 inserts into a pack but I felt just giving people 3 premiums at a bargain price and selling out of packs would be better. I would like the people who get our cards to have a good experience and this was a way to do that.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have the War packs started to ship yet ?

I see that Sherlock Holmes and the Martians and Illustrated War of the Worlds are now both available from Cult Stuff's website, so I guess that means more promos coming...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:

We have cards from products that have been discontinued, and extras from other sets, so rather than bin these or leave them locked up in a box forever we made a few changes and offered them as a very limited retail premium pack. We will not make a lot of money if any on the deal, but it clears the stock and gets it into the hands of collectors rather than sitting in a box. The promo is for another very limited premium set of the same type. These limited releases are simply a way of getting a niche product out. This is just a way to test the market and get cards to collectors where they belong. The seem to be well received with just a few single packs left. We could have padded it our and put 1 or 2 inserts into a pack but I felt just giving people 3 premiums at a bargain price and selling out of packs would be better. I would like the people who get our cards to have a good experience and this was a way to do that.

OK, thank you for taking the time to explain this. What I understood was a new product called War Illustrated that had all of 35 packs released in total, which made absolutely no sense. However this being packs with leftover cards from other projects makes perfect sense. Very good of you to give your regular buyers something unusual and fun to open. Thumb Up

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post