Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mighty Avengers
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
How many different cards are there for this new Marvel Comics set, apparently given out at the NYCC ?

I've seen "sets" of 5--She Hulk, Blue Marvel, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, and White Tiger, but I have also seen people selling a Falcon card separately

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No one has heard of these ? My comic store told me that it was a store incentive for ordering the comics, like with the Guardians of the Galaxy cards from early 2013

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I forget which book these were for (probably MIGHTY AVENGERS) but they were incentive giveaways for a Marvel comic launch party. Only COMIC STORES THAT BOUGHT LARGE QUANTITIES OF THE COMIC GOT THESE. The Falcon was the hard one to get just like the Iron Man card was the hard one to get with the Guardians set. The store where I got my comic from had the cards bagged and it was hit or miss if you got the Falcon. I was able to get all 6 from one comic and only 5 in another. Guess some of these turned up at NYCC. I didn't see them at their table as they must have put them out on Sat. I'm sure they were gone in a flash.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
How many different cards are there for this new Marvel Comics set, apparently given out at the NYCC ?

I've seen "sets" of 5--She Hulk, Blue Marvel, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, and White Tiger, but I have also seen people selling a Falcon card separately

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up a set today, and noticed that all were in great shape, except for the hard to find Falcon card (of course) When you hold it a certain way, there is a line/crease down the right side. Frank, is yours like this ?

David

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
I forget which book these were for (probably MIGHTY AVENGERS) but they were incentive giveaways for a Marvel comic launch party. Only COMIC STORES THAT BOUGHT LARGE QUANTITIES OF THE COMIC GOT THESE. The Falcon was the hard one to get just like the Iron Man card was the hard one to get with the Guardians set. The store where I got my comic from had the cards bagged and it was hit or miss if you got the Falcon. I was able to get all 6 from one comic and only 5 in another. Guess some of these turned up at NYCC. I didn't see them at their table as they must have put them out on Sat. I'm sure they were gone in a flash.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:

In a Facebook message, my LCS sent me info on these. A bundle of 25. Only seen 5 on ebay prior to NYCC, so I thought it was an exclusive.

LCS ordered me two bundles. Took me a couple of weeks to make it to town. Diamond shipped two bundles of the Guardians. We'll try it one more time.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post