Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Wars Mandalorian 2 promos (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Mandalorian 2 promos (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
See below article. Coming in May. 11 different promos.

https://www.previewsworld.com/...rogram-for-Retailers

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I saw this same link in the other thread for Diamond in General Card Discussion, but I don't get the photos. It's going to be an 11 card promo set coming out I guess card by card starting in May.

So why are we looking at a Mandalorian relic card and a dual autograph card. Are they implying that such hits will be in the promo set. I kind of doubt that, so why show them?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard anything further about these ?

Coming May 4 ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Has anyone heard anything further about these ?

Coming May 4 ?

I've asked my Comic Book store for the past month about these and he's told me ha hasn't heard about these coming into his store. My brother, in Florida, asked his comic book store and he basically said the same thing. So, I have no idea whats going on.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The local comic store told me that he signed for the Card Culture program mentioned in the link, but he has heard nothing.

And tomorrow is May 4.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there is a D-1 promo and it came out today for May 4th.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I called around a found a few comic stores which received the D-1 promo today.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went to a comic store today but they didn't have any cards.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The store needed to sign up for the Card Culture program to get the Star Wars promos.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I went to a comic store today but they didn't have any cards.

...and yet sellers on ebay have a fistfull.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard anything about the rest of these promos ? D1 came out back in May to participating comic stores.

But I have now seen on ebay a D2 foil limited to 50 (is there a non-foil version ?) and a D-10 of the Mandalorian limited to only 25 !!!

And earlier this week, someone had on ebay what appears to be D1 to D7, D9, D11, and an unknown tenth card, which sold for a mere $ 32.00

Where were these available ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have now seen these:

D-1 Darth Vader

D-2 Anakin

D-3 Obi Wan Kenobi

D-4 Padme Amidala

D-5 Han Solo

D-6

D-7 Princess Leia

D-8 Rey

D-9 Kylo Ren

D-10 Mandalorian

D-11 Jyn Erso

It is unknown as to who is on card D-6

There appear to be foil versions of the above, limited to either 25 or 50 each.

Someone has a variant of D3 on ebay limited to 5, and is asking $ 1000 !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
D-6 is Luke Skywalker

I have also seen gold variants of each on ebay limited to 10

Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
There are also random autograph cards inserted in these packs. Incredibly I saw someone in another forum pull a Samuel Jackson sticker autograph card from a pack.

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From what the local comic store told me, these 11 cards were available to stores based upon how many boxes they ordered of the recently released Mandalorian 2 cards by Topps. D1 came out first and then the rest later. Plus if you ordered more boxes you qualified for the foil variants which can been seen on Ebay now. Beware of people selling "sets" of 10 on the auction sites because there definitely is a D-11.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An Ebay auction of 9 of the 11 cards (8 cards plus 1 duplicate) went for $ 105.00.

Another auction with 10 of the 11 went for $ 138.00

The foil variants (limited to 25 and 50) seem to be selling, as well.