Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Garbage Pail Kids Comics SP Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garbage Pail Kids Comics SP Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I don't know if anyone else has been chasing these, inserted in the recent GPK comics by IDW

SP1 to SP3 each come in regular white versions

All 3 also come in black bordered variants,
inserted 1 per 10 or 20 comics, I think

SP2 and SP3 seem to have yellow variants, too, only 100 of each made ?

And SP1 has a red variant, marked 1/1 on the back !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I ordered all three of these through my subscription company, but only got the latest one, as the other two are back-ordered even though the comics seem widely available.

Hopefully, I'll still get them as I just mentioned it to them, so hopefully they're on the case. As soon as I get them, I'll open them all and see what I've got...

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I got all three at my local comic book store. I only came with white borders.

Posts: 901 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened my comics and pulled white SP1 and SP3 and a black SP2, so now I have to track down the common SP2 !

The yellow variants on SP2 and SP3 are going for crazy prices-- $100 to 150 !

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is now an SP4, with color variations as well

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I got one with a yellow border

Posts: 901 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I got one with a yellow border

CONGRATZ TO YOU STEVE...
Nice pull & you deserve it!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those yellow ones are very hard to find, supposedly only 100 of each made on SP2, 3 and 4

They have been selling for $100-150 !

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the congrats. I was in downtown Chicago for a convention for work. I called the closest comic book store and they told me they had one left. So I raced over and bought the book. I was lucky for sure.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some lucky guy pulled a red one on SP1 that says 1/1 on the back !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is now an SP5, from the new comic

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
SP4 (Over Killian) comes in regular white, and 2 variants-- black and yellow. Oddly, I have seen more of the yellow

SP5 (Methane Max) I have seen only white and yellow so far--- no black

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
My LCS was open & having an anniv party today.
Wanted to cheer them on so I picked up a Methane Max comic.

It contained the common white border sticker - oh well...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that the SP4 and 5 are actually unnumbered, unlike the first 3. I could be wrong. People have listed them on the auction sites as SP4 and 5, but I think that may be incorrect