Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Suicide Squad Extended Cut
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suicide Squad Extended Cut
 Login/Join

Picture of rwn410
posted
Exactly like Batman v Superman's Ultimate Cut, it seems there will be exclusive trading cards in the Suicide Squad Extended Cut from Sainsbury's here in the UK.

The advert I'm looking at shows five cards; Joker, Harley, Deadshot, Killer Croc and Boomerang, all against the vivid green/pink background used on the blu-ray cover.

I was getting this anyway so it's a nice bonus! Will try and remember to take a quick photo of the cards for anyone interested

Edit: Also with the regular cut on DVD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Yes, please do post a pic once you have them in hand. I'm sure they'll look great!
First Shakespeare, now this.
Lucky England...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Did it say who made the cards rwn410?

And I assume they are standard trading card size?

Thanks,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
It doesn't say who is making them - I would assume it's whoever made the BvS cards (which were seemingly also available in Canada through Amazon) but those only refer to WB and the like with no manufacturers stated on the card. Probably just one-off promo cards from the studio. Those were standard trading card size, so I would think the same with Suicide Squad. There are a few low-res photos of those over in the older BvS promo thread.

The Suicide Squad advert I mentioned is on one of the last pages of the recent Rogue One cover issue of Empire if you happen by an issue. I'll post some (probably low-res) photos of the actual cards when I pick up a copy of the blu-ray on the 5 December or so Smile

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
As I said, they are typically low-res, but nevertheless here's a few photos now that they're in hand Smile

Their colourful backgrounds are actually metallic. I really quite like them as a little set, only marginally annoyed it doesn't cover the full character roster. Had partly hoped they'd be double sided and cover ten characters but alas.

The use of the non-British spelling of "collectible" on the card pack (as with BvS) gives the impression they might not be just a UK exclusive thing, but who knows.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pretty sharp, thanks for sharing!
Hopefully there will be a US edition that includes these...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The dvd is £10 in Sainsburys. Smile

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
May not be a UK exclusive, but I don't think the US is getting these cards. I've checked some of our major outlets pre-sales at their websites and there are various whistles and bells (graphic novel included, lenticular covers, etc.), but seemingly no cards.
Frown

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If anyone outside the UK wants help in getting these cards just let me know, allways happy to help out. Wavey

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is the Batman vs. Superman DVD with the cards still available ?

Has the store done any others, or just these 2 ?

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I had a phone call from an American friend yesterday which resulted in me visiting the local branch of Sainsbury LOL!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
David - I had a very quick look yesterday at my nearest Sainsbury's, and I couldn't see BVS on regular DVD, and the only copy they had of the blu-Ray wasn't marked to have cards included, no. It could well be different in other stores though.

Some of the other DVDs had the orange/white sticker on the front, but they denoted third disks and lenticular covers etc. Cards explicitly was just Suicide Squad at the moment. I think Sainsbury's does try and add incentives every now and again - the Revenant came with a copy of the book I believe, and I'm pretty sure The Jungle Book got an early release exclusively at Sainsbury's (but don't quote me on that one) It's not my most local supermarket so I don't go that often so I could've missed some cards - literally wouldn't have been aware of either of the two DC films having cards if it wasn't for an advert in Empire both times.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Joker and Harley cards are especially cool, and these DVD promotional giveaways are usually lower gloss, perhaps for cost saving, but perfect for signing.
Imagine the Harley with a nice, clean Margot Robbie autograph on it...