Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Hunger Games promo cards?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunger Games promo cards?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hey gang, delinquent member here...does anyone know anything about Hunger Games Promo cards? Smile

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
While not a promo card in the true sense, I did find set of 9 "exclusive" cards in the Hunger Games CD. What these actually are is an extension of the card set produced by NECA, with the cards being numbered 73-81 and having what I believe are differnet images than were shown on the regular 72 card base set, although I do not have a complete set to go by. Clever marketing scheme. Here are the scans:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batman,

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
nice, thanks for the info. So, we have to buy the soundtrack on CD to get these? Guess who's going to Walmart after the rain stops.

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check this CD out. I'm still up in the air about the movie though.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
At the risk of somehow looking less cool than I already do, I wish I would have known about this before I bought the two Taylor Swift songs on iTunes. I still might pick this up if I like the movie when I see it on Thursday.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I picked up the CD tonight. It is only the Deluxe edition that has the cards. Read the front sticker carefully....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I concur, Mike. I made the mistake of not reading the sticker carefully. I had to take back my CD.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Barnes & Noble Book stores have a "Hunger Games"
Giftcard

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
Giftcard

Thanks for the head up, Kevin.
I've heard nothing but positive reviews for this movie. I think I might have to jump on the band wagon.

Also, do you have any of those "Metal Club" cards ? I only have a few of the Scorpions and Lamb of God.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
Giftcard

I went to my Barnes & Noble today and they didn't have any Hunger Game gift cards. They did promote the books though. As soon as I walked in they were right by the front door.

Side note: looks like my Barnes & Noble got rid of their music section and replaced it with a Kindle / E-books section.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my CD in the mail with the extra promo cards. The picture on the front is great, but I wish they would've done a different second picture on the back. They did the same picture as they have on the cards numbering 63-71. There are so many things they could have done. For instance, instead of copying the same picture and using "the world will be watching", why not use the catchphrase from the book? The picture could be a giant bowl filled with pieces of paper with the phrase, "may the odds be ever in your favor". Or maybe a better pic, but still..something different.

If NECA people are trolling this forum, I hope they're getting ideas for what they can do to enhance a Catching Fire set, if they decide to make one.