Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Falling Skies DVD card by Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Falling Skies DVD card by Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Certain Falling Skies Season 1 Blue Rays with the specially marked stickers on them (possibly a Target exclusive) contain an exclusive unnumbered Rittenhouse promo in them, although the card itself does say Rittenhouse on it

However, I have confirmed that RA did do the card. I can post a scan if anyone wants to see it

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
I would like to see it, a scan would be great.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I bought the set from Amazon and did not get the card Frown It was only $23 for the blu-ray though, I can't complain too much.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You have to get a copy that has the special sticker on the front. I went to Target and they only had 1 copy left with the sticker, and 3 or 4 without. I think these Blue Rays came out in early June.

I will post a scan on Monday.

Does anyone know if Rittenhouse did any other DVD or product inserts in 2011-2012 ? I know they did some years ago, but I was unaware of anything recently.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Nice card. Too bad it doesn't promote the trading card set that coming.

But, now I know about the comics with backstory before Season 2, I'll have to hunt those down.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the scan. I think David R means another card though because this one is made by TNT, the one inside the Blu-ray should be a Rittenhouse one.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, that is the card I was referring to

Rittenhouse told me that they produced it, though it doesn't have their name on it

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have been pretty successful in picking up most of the cards that the major (and minor) non sports card companies have inserted into DVDs and non-food products over the years. However, the following continue to elude me. Does anyone have these ? The seem to be ULTRA hard to find:

1) HEROES (Topps) 3 or 4 promos (I forget which) inserted in the DVDs exclusive to Circuit City stores. I am told that they are the same as the San Diego Comic Con ones, but without the SDCC logos on the back. I have never personally seen these

2) AEON FLUX Cartoon Show. There was a pack of 4 or 5 cards inserted exclusively in some Target store DVDs of the 1990s cable cartoon show. I once saw a pack sell on ebay for $20 and never saw them again. These came out maybe 4-5 years ago. I do NOT have them. NOTE: these are completely different from that very, very common pack of Aeon Flux cards you see all over ebay that show artwork and promote the Charlize Theron film. The Target pack I am talking about are cards that depict cartoon artwork. Anyone have these ???

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
HEROES (Topps) 3 or 4 promos (I forget which) inserted in the DVDs exclusive to Circuit City stores. I am told that they are the same as the San Diego Comic Con ones, but without the SDCC logos on the back.

Traded for a set of these a few yrs back but wound up returning them. The reason was that one card (#4 of 4) had the SDCC logo on the back, so I considered the set incomplete. The trader swore that these were the exact 4 cards that came out of the Heroes DVD which I doubted.

Now I wish I would have kept them since I haven't seen another Heroes DVD set since then.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I had placed this information about the card in the Blur-Ray set, earlier at another blog on June 4th in the entertainment section. And the card drawimg pic is of the 2nd graphic novel cover.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mister E.,

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And unfortunately, with regard to the Heroes DVD set, the Circuit City stores all went out of business 3-4 years ago, so you're unlikely to find the DVD now. Frown

Well, the way I look at it, the CC DVD promos are only a slight variation on the SDCC promos, so it's not like they are entirely new cards

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think I may have these cards as I remember being bummed when they were the same as the SDCC cards.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Batman, if you have them, any interest in parting with them ? Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I didn't know about the Heroes cards, which is no big deal. I was/am only interested in the cards of the paintings. Tim Sale art.

I like this Falling Skies promo card. Wasn't interested until I just saw that it's artwork and not a photo.

Problem is, I don't buy Blu-Ray. Frown

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
After a stressful day at work I was able to locate these among my case of oddball promo type stuff. As I often do I also saved the sticker from the outside of the DVD. Set is still sealed but card # 4 is showing on back. Had no idea these were tough to find! Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Hey Batty, thanks for the Heroes scan. Just confirms that the #4 DVD card was missing from the set I traded for back in the day.

So LMK what David offers you & I'll double it.

Nyah,,, just kiddin' w/ya Davey Boy Big Grin

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Hey Batman, I'll triple it. Wink
Or I'll trade or buy it if you don't deal it to someoneelse.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I only have the SDCC 2 of 4 and a P5.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post