Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Gerry Anderson Dealer Promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gerry Anderson Dealer Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As you said, originally promos were given out at shows or in magazines to advertise upcoming sets

Then they did binder and product inserts which still actually promoted the card sets ("Coming in July 2006 !"), so people collected those

Then we had dealer exclusive cards, limited to 20-50 each, which said PROMO somewhere on them, and that drove everyone crazy

And then there were convention exclusive cards, which do NOT say promo on them, but were given away for free or as a purchase incentive, so then the waters became even more murky

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Jeff, who is Roman Krause ? I have not heard of these promos

Mitchy will actually have promos on all 4 Gerry Anderson sets. Right now, he just has 1 but the rest are on the way

Finally saw all four for Krause. I don't know him, but his eBay sellername is wrongshoe. I'm watching all auctions for these sets by any seller who has a "gap" in the promo collection. Sounds like I'll see the Mitchy gaps filled!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a dealer called "Of Course" and he had OC1 promos for Stingray, Joe 90 and Fireball but not on Supercar

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sci-Fi Cards had an exclusive promo on Stingray a few months back, but not the other 3 sets.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like last summer, there were also GAP1 promos on Supercar and Joe 90

I wonder if they had them on Stingray and Fireball XL also ?

They appear to be numbered out of 100

Anyone know how these were available ?

UPDATE: Yes, all 4 sets had GAP1 promos limited to 100 each. They were available if you bought the boxes of the Gerry cards from the GA website last year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,