Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Gerry Anderson Dealer Promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gerry Anderson Dealer Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
The 4 new Unstoppable sets are being released in the next day or so (Fireball XL5, Joe 90, Stingray, Supercar) and, as usual, there are a bunch of dealer exclusive promos

At least 12 different dealers will have them. Some have just 1 promo, some have 2, and some claim to have 4, so there may be alot

So far I have seen

Stingray and Fireball XL5 PHP1 promos

More to come next week I am sure !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are 4 by Premier (each PCP1) and 4 by Cyber Cellar (each CCP1)

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
4 by Rydeclive, each numbered RP1

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
4 by Radickal, each numbered RAP1

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To add to the list, there are 4 by Top Cards, each numbered TCP1

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
4 promos by Gazza Games, each one GP1

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are Joe 90 promos numbered

MBP1 and ASP1

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
4 by Derek, each DTP1

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stingray UMP1 (Umbrella)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
4 numbered EMP1 by Acme

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So, to sum it all up, so far:

4 promos (1 for each set) by Premiere, Radickal, Top Cards, Derek, Rydeclive, Acme 3000, Gazza Games, and Cyber Cellar

2 promos by Paul Hart

1 each by Umbrella, Try Trading, and AMS 78

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stingray promo MP1 (Mitchy)

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stingray and Joe 30 RKP1 by Roman Krause.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

Stingray and Joe 30 RKP1 by Roman Krause.

That Joe 90 just ain't the kid he used to be. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeff, who is Roman Krause ? I have not heard of these promos

Mitchy will actually have promos on all 4 Gerry Anderson sets. Right now, he just has 1 but the rest are on the way

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeff, there are 4 different Roman Krause RKP1 promos, 1 for each set

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Jeff, who is Roman Krause ? I have not heard of these promos

Mitchy will actually have promos on all 4 Gerry Anderson sets. Right now, he just has 1 but the rest are on the way

So the promos are coming a month after the sets were released? I think these promos should be classified as an additional chase set rather than promos and is the case for all unstoppable sets

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There have been promos later than that.

A few years ago (2015 ?) Unstoppable did the Man Who Fell to Earth set, and I am pretty certain that one UK dealer (I won't say who) had 3 exclusive promos created for him, that came out way later. Maybe a year or so. Perhaps it was an incentive for him to buy the product ?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

A few years ago (2015 ?) Unstoppable did the Man Who Fell to Earth set, and I am pretty certain that one UK dealer (I won't say who) had 3 exclusive promos created for him, that came out way later. Maybe a year or so. Perhaps it was an incentive for him to buy the product ?

My point is how can we call them promo cards if they come out weeks or months after the product they are promoting? Plus a lot of Unstoppable promo cards are sold meaning that they really are a premium chase card rather than a promo!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

My point is how can we call them promo cards if they come out weeks or months after the product they are promoting? Plus a lot of Unstoppable promo cards are sold meaning that they really are a premium chase card rather than a promo!

So let's just face the fact that promo cards have become there own product and card manufacturers have no problem bending the terminology when it means that they can make more money directly via sales or indirectly by handing favorite sons incentives. Yes, promos created way after the product has released is breaking the rules, but who is really going to remember which one came first 5 years from now?

Is any of this in the spirit of the original promo card that was cheaply made, over produced and handed out for free to actually promote a coming product? Heck NO! That card wasn't worth more than the nominal S&H it might take for one collector that didn't want it to give it to another collector that did.

The games started when promos took on a life all their own that was both inclusive with the product, they are generally considered to be part of any master set, and also exclusive from the product. There are collectors of promo cards that do not want the products. There are promo cards of products that were never made.

The idea of promo cards has been fertile ground for all manner of abuses since the 90s promo craze with sports cards. Let's not even talk about the counterfeit promo card when there are more than enough licensed promo cards, test sets, preview sets, preview proof sets and whatever else stages you can think of before the real set shows up. Honestly I don't know how non-sport promo card collectors can keep up with any of this without specializing. There are just too many legitimate promos, along with a bunch of the iffy ones. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post