Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Classic Mythology Promos
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Mythology Promos
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
As per our request, a couple of artists drew some fantastic tonal pencil sketch cards. These will be inserted with a color sketch card in a set. Essentially those sets will be double packed. Smile

Here are some samples of J.D. Seeber's Classic Mythology art cards. Smile

www.jdseeber.com

Characters are: Hera, Pegasus, Heracles & Athena

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
VERY impressed with my preview set Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those J D Seeber pencils are just brilliant Drool.

It's very generous of you to package them with a colour card,I for one would not feel at all short changed if I found one of those on it's own in a pack.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

It's very generous of you to package them with a colour card,I for one would not feel at all short changed if I found one of those on it's own in a pack.

All of the pencil sketch cards look amazing! They could definitely stand on their own, but since we advertised the set (on the back of the promos) as having one hand-drawn original full-color art card per set, we decided to double pack all the pencil cards. We hope everyone will enjoy them. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got my preview set, these are nice cards! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

All of the pencil sketch cards look amazing! They could definitely stand on their own, but since we advertised the set (on the back of the promos) as having one hand-drawn original full-color art card per set, we decided to double pack all the pencil cards. We hope everyone will enjoy them. Smile

I'll enjoy it if I get one Smile Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my cards today...very, very nice set. Thanks!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Received my cards yesterday, very good looking preview cards. I wished for a sketch from the scandinavian mythology and I got one:

Balder by Remy Mokhtar

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Salama! Clap

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Here is a sample of Hanie Mohd's Classic Mythology sketch art cards. Smile

www.oniyon.deviantart.com

Characters are: (Saraswati, Circe, Hades & Meadow Nymphs)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
They're so lovely. Smile
I especially love Circe, it has a "Mucha" feel to it.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
Here's a sneak peek of some of Katie Cooks sketch cards. Smile

www.katiecandraw.com

Characters are: Persephone, Athena, Pan and Pandora

These are what it's all about,for me Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I received my beautiful Classic Mythology Preview Set today.
Thanks to Tony and Elaine for putting such a great set together. And also another thank you to all the artists involved.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Here are some samples of Matthew J. Fletcher's Classic Mythology art cards. Smile

http://www.matthewjfletcher.com

Characters are: Zeus, Cuchulainn, Horus & Odin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow Eek
I reaaallly love those sketches, especially the 'Cuchulainn' sketch Luv You

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Here are some samples of Jack Redd's Classic Mythology art cards. Smile

http://www.j-redd.deviantart.com & http://www.reddlife.com

Characters are: Thor, Minotaur, Hades & Nephthys

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Always liked his work Thumb Up .Hope he is on the mend after his recent illness.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Very nice
The Hades sketch is so cool Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Several artists have shown other sneak peeks ,that were not shown in their showcase pages, on our Facebook Group. Big Grin https://www.facebook.com/groups/pernastudios

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! We wanted to give you guys an update on the bonus inserts for our Classic Mythology card set. First off, the 5 chase cards for this set will be done on clear cards. You will get 1 of 5 chase cards per set purchased. Now for the exciting news. There will be 25 “redemption” cards randomly inserted among the 500 sets. 20 of those redemption cards will be for a complete 5 card promo set, 5 card preview set and the 5 chase cards. The remaining 5 redemption cards will be for the original artwork for the 5 chase cards. Each of these redemption cards will indicate which one of the 5 original pieces of artwork you will receive. Yep, Tony Perna is giving away his original artwork for this set. Fans have been so supportive that it’s the least we can do. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,