Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Drive In Double Feature promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drive In Double Feature promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I have seen a P1 promo by RJF Image / Design promoting an upcoming Kickstarter called "Drive In Double Feature"

Back talks about the movies White Zombie and The Ape. Front is an artist's sketch of, I believe, Bela Lugosi from one of those old movies

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Kickstarter is now live for this, and it lists 9 promos and 9 metal promos

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a brand new Kickstarter for this.

The first one was for the promo/preview set. The new one is for the actual Series 1 card set.

And the new one has promo P10 for a certain pledge and promos P11 to P15 as a stretch goal

See link below

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...ate_registered_users

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a Series 2 Kickstarter now with 13 new promos, in regular and metal versions

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...creator_youve_backed

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
so is this P1---P13 diffrent to the lot that are out already.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As noted, the current Night of the Living Dead/Last Man on Earth cards are the promo cards for Series Two of Drive-In Double Feature.

What's exciting, for me, is that the full set, due out in October will have autographs, a lectilinear card and other fun stuff. Check out my article on Daily Dead about them!

https://dailydead.com/details-...al-trading-card-set/

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Weren't the promos that came in the June/July 2020 NSU the Series 1 promos (not the new Series 2 ones) for The Ape and White Zombie, the ones originally released in the latter half of 2019 through the Kickstarter ?

I could be wrong.

UPDATE: I think that I AM wrong. I believe that the recent NSU promos are for Series 2.

posted Hide Post
So here's what happened; the promos that came with NSU were the new Series Two cards but only a few of the cards were available. I saw them and recommended that the cards be authorized with Image Ten. The cards in the Kickstarter are the same Series Two promos that were originally due out but they are now being issued in a wrapper with a Trademark on the Night of the Living Dead logo.
Additionally, the actual Series Two set that will have its own Kickstarter in October will feature official autograph cards.

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Can we still contribute to get the promos?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Series 2 campaign runs until Sept 11

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
Can we still contribute to get the promos?

The full 13 promo card set is only $9 + shipping!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:

Do we know what the shipping is going to be?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:

Do we know what the shipping is going to be?

I backed the Master Set for $100 and shipping was $8. It wouldn't take much for you to sign in for the basic set and check the total. I'm already backing so I can't see the other prices without changing my pledge.