Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchwarmer 2014 ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of the most infamous examples I can think of was on the 2005 Hard Rock Café promo set. There was 1 card which no one had ever seen in 2005, and then about 7 years later, they started showing up for the first time, on ebay, as they were inserted in packs of some set

Another mystery card which I have never seen-- around 2008 or so, there was a boxing magazine called KNOCKOUT which came with an exclusive Benchwarmer card, S2 I think. BW told me there was an S1, but I have never come across one...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Product was called "TO". Cards seem to have a different background from the hockey set. Boxes advertised as 24 cards (12 card promo set) plus a bunch of others, including a 2003 signed "promo" from a show appearance in Toronto that never happened because of SARS.

They were handing out a sell sheet at the show, and all boxes contain at least one 1/1. I think I also got three /10's, a couple /15's, an /2, and a bunch of un-numbered auto's. Price point was like $120 though, so still tough to consider this a win box. All cards have a show stamp.

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Besides half the box being the 12-card Fall promo set, the new material is 12 new Toronto base cards, 20 new TO autographs, and 9 more O Canada autos to extend the Hockey series to 27. Padding includes stamped 1/1 versions of most of the Hockey autographed cards and bunches of stamped Hockey Top Shelf "repeats" # to 10 (45 different seen so far). The 2003 cards were from an unnumbered set of 8. Plus the occasional leftovers.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can you please list what the "new" 2003 promo/promos are ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post