Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Doctor Who Extraterrestrial Encounters promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who Extraterrestrial Encounters promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Someone gave me a cello pack of promos P1 to P3 of these, by Topps. They are

P1 The Tenth Doctor
P2 Rose Tyler
P3 Captain Jack Harkness

These may have been one of the 3 different sets of cards that came in certain DVDs this year. If so, I have not seen the other sets, aside from scans posted by Topps on Facebook

Again, I am not sure where these came from, but if someone wants to post scans, LMK

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I found out the origin of these 3 promo cards. They were not the ones from the Season 5 DVD/Blue Rays. Those are 2 different packs, which I still don't have. I believe those show the Eleventh Doctor

I was told by Topps that my pack was something sent to subscribers of the ongoing Dr. Who comic book produced by Titan.

Mystery solved

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David R asked me to post the following:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

enjoy

regards

John

Posts: 2116 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John, thank you for posting my pics. One of these years I will learn how to do it myself Smile

The top 9 came in the specially marked DVDs and Blue Rays in 2016 (3 diff packs of 3 cards), for Season 1, and Season 5 Parts 1 and 2

The bottom 3 were in a pack sent to comic book subscribers, according to Topps

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So only the bottom 3 cards are promos?

The top 9 from the dvd's are just base cards from the set?

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That thought did occur to me, but I don't have the base cards to compare. I asked Topps, but did not get a response. They all came sealed in cello packs

Aren't the ones in the third row unnumbered ? Are there unnum cards in any of the 2016 Dr. Who sets ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
That thought did occur to me, but I don't have the base cards to compare. I asked Topps, but did not get a response.

The Dr Who 2015 trading cards have the 'front' bordered text in silver foil, whereas the promos in the picture look like they have the text in normal gold ink. Same photos though.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a spare set of these?
I can trade for them.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fred, there are 4 sets. The 9 on top come in packs (3 cards per pack) in 3 diff DVDs

The bottom set was sent to me by Topps

I don't have extras, unfortunately

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I have (17) sets of the Series 5 Part 2 DVD Promos.
These are Unnumbered, trying to find the rest.

also about 15 sets of BBC Limited Edition Exclusive Cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post