Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mhoponhop 2020 Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Mhoponhop has 2 new cards for 2020.

In addition, he has a relic card of beat poet Charles Bukowski (150 made) which must be requested from him, when you place an order, so as to receive it. I think the order must be at least $ 7, nothing smaller than that.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice to see Cliff is still around.

I used to buy a lot from him, but since he stopped getting most new releases in, I've just got nothing left to buy anymore.

Always loved his commitment to keeping promo cards for what they're for though - promo.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He's always been around, with yearly Mhoponhop promos, and his own card sets

Did you see the 2 Woodstock (1969 concert) relics he did last year ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As of a few days ago, you could still get the Bukowski card. I figured he'd be out of them by now but I got one. He sent along a couple of other cards and one of his "thank you" promos. This one (TY-2020B) shows a rabbit family of four - all wearing face masks.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Mhoponhop has 2 new cards for 2020.

In addition, he has a relic card of beat poet Charles Bukowski (150 made) which must be requested from him, when you place an order, so as to receive it. I think the order must be at least $ 7, nothing smaller than that.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tommy C,

I neglected to thank you for letting us know about the Bukowski card. I would have likely missed it otherwise. It got me to check out Mhoponhop's site - took a look at the Woodstock cards from last year too. I can't think of another card that includes a dirt sample from somewhere except for those meteorite cards that were in cereal years ago (dirt from another planet is more valuable).

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
He's always been around, with yearly Mhoponhop promos, and his own card sets

Did you see the 2 Woodstock (1969 concert) relics he did last year ?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

I can't think of another card that includes a dirt sample from somewhere except for those meteorite cards that were in cereal years ago (dirt from another planet is more valuable).

Jess

What about the Berlin Wall card?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
LOST had sand cards.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Benchwarmers had sand cards, too. Smile

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Cult Stuff did dirt cards in Dracula, I believe.

And either Topps or Panini had Grassy Knoll cards.

There have been many dirt cards in sports releases as well.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Breygent had yellow brick road cards in their Wizard of OZ set. There are many pieces of court cards in Basketball products. Funny that I can't really recall Stadium dirt cards, seats and bases and walls they had. Maybe that started after I quit collecting sports cards.

Hit or not, does anyone see any value in buying dirt or sand cards? It could come from the garden center. I realize its still collectible as a part of the set, but can you be more gullible than to save a dirt card from Dracula's grave in your binder? I don't think I could explain that to anyone. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have a Lewis and Clark sand/dirt card from Topps American pie cards.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember a dirt card from Cult Stuff War of the Worlds.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Friends who drop in and see some of your cards on the coffee table might understand collecting autographs of Leonard Nimoy and Emilia Clarke along with some glow-in-the-dark monster stickers but you're going to lose them with the dirt cards. They might start talking among themselves about an intervention.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Breygent had yellow brick road cards in their Wizard of OZ set. There are many pieces of court cards in Basketball products. Funny that I can't really recall Stadium dirt cards, seats and bases and walls they had. Maybe that started after I quit collecting sports cards.

Hit or not, does anyone see any value in buying dirt or sand cards? It could come from the garden center. I realize its still collectible as a part of the set, but can you be more gullible than to save a dirt card from Dracula's grave in your binder? I don't think I could explain that to anyone. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Friends who drop in and see some of your cards on the coffee table might understand collecting autographs of Leonard Nimoy and Emilia Clarke along with some glow-in-the-dark monster stickers but you're going to lose them with the dirt cards. They might start talking among themselves about an intervention.

Jess

Hey Jess,

I've learned my lesson on that one. I don't even mention my cards or autographs to people who don't have some collectible hobby themselves. I have rarely gotten more than a surprised look and a "I had no idea you were interested in that" comment from non-collectors, so why bother?

Somebody on Card Talk said it's in the genes and I can believe it because there is a commonality in thinking between collectors, regardless of the specific market. However non-collectors just don't see it, no matter what the hobby, and aren't interested in learning about it either. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

I can't think of another card that includes a dirt sample from somewhere except for those meteorite cards that were in cereal years ago (dirt from another planet is more valuable).

Jess

What about the Berlin Wall card?

I have one of those.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Raven,

Yeah, some people don't collect anything. A friend told me his wife doesn't understand why he collects cards and called them "junk." I told him to tell her that his cards stand as a significant archive documenting various aspects of our history and popular culture. I'm pretty sure that will change her mind about it.

It could be in the genes. My parents and brothers have all collected at least one kind of thing. In a fossil collecting forum someone once provided a link to an article that goes into why people collect stuff. I should find that again and bring it over here.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Jess

Hey Jess,

I've learned my lesson on that one. I don't even mention my cards or autographs to people who don't have some collectible hobby themselves. I have rarely gotten more than a surprised look and a "I had no idea you were interested in that" comment from non-collectors, so why bother?

Somebody on Card Talk said it's in the genes and I can believe it because there is a commonality in thinking between collectors, regardless of the specific market. However non-collectors just don't see it, no matter what the hobby, and aren't interested in learning about it either. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
There's a Titanic coal card, but that's not strictly dirt.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A friend told me his wife doesn't understand why he collects cards and called them "junk." I told him to tell her that his cards stand as a significant archive documenting various aspects of our history and popular culture. I'm pretty sure that will change her mind about it.

Jess

And I'm pretty sure she's planning a garage sale as soon as he's not looking. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just to get this thread back on track I finally got around to ordering a whole bunch of promo cards from Cliff via his website which I did on July 2nd, they arrived today July 10th without any problems. For my $75 I received 73 cards. I gave up counting the cards I had never seen before. So a big big big thank you to Cliff.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
So, just checking, the MHOPONHOP Woodstock 50th anniversary commemorative trading card #W1...promo?...rare?

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post