Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Big 4 cards in new Revolver Magazine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big 4 cards in new Revolver Magazine
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
18 cards for the price of the magazine. $6.99!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:

Erik,

I read both pages, on their website, and I saw the trading card in the Sept/Oct issue but nowhere did it say "18" cards in the offer. Did I miss it ? Or can you direct me to where you read that ?

Thanks, Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
quote:

Erik,

I read both pages, on their website, and I saw the trading card in the Sept/Oct issue but nowhere did it say "18" cards in the offer. Did I miss it ? Or can you direct me to where you read that ?

Thanks, Fred

The issue comes with a set of 18 free Big Four trading cards, including one for each member of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. The cards are modeled after the 1986 baseball cards, in honor of the year that the first three bands released their masterpieces.

This is pasted right from the page.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I must be blind as a bat because I still don't see the quote "...set of 18 free Big Four trading cards." I see where it says that there are "Big Four trading cards...", but not the alleged #18. LOL

I'm going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow and check it out. And I;ll report back.

And let me add this...it's not really "free" if your purchasing a magazine. Kind of like saying "free engine" with the purchase of a new Dodge Ram. lol

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Always willing to help the blind!

Since nobody knows whether we’ll get another chance to see them onstage again, Revolver and Guitar World are celebrating the event with the Big Four Weeks. For the next month or so, leading up to the show, our websites will be giving fans eye-popping exclusives, previously unseen backstage video, excerpts from our interviews with the bands—including those in Revolver’s special issue devoted to the Big Four, which you can buy right here—and much, much more.

On the first page click the "Right Here" statement. It takes you to the below link to order. 6.99 plus about 3.50 shipping!

http://secure.nps1.net/guitarw...th=4&products_id=262

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Ha, I finally see it !
Like I said earlier, I'll swing by Barnes and Noble tomorrow to see if they have it because I'll be right down the street from it. Plus I still have a gift card from Xmas. I better use it before this store files for bankruptcy.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I got them !
Nicely done.
Now do i leave them in the mag or take them out ?
Hmmmmmmmm ?

Metal Metal Metal

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got them !
Nicely done.
Hmmmmmmmm ?

Metal Metal Metal

Are they loose in a pack? Please tell me they're not 9-up on perforated sheets. Confused

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
I got them !
Nicely done.
Hmmmmmmmm ?

Metal Metal Metal

Are they loose in a pack? Please tell me they're not 9-up on perforated sheets. Confused

Hey Ted,

Just the left side of 9-up sheet is perforated, down near the magazine's binder, so you can get them easier out of the magazine {not like what the "Previews" magazine did with those "Avengers" 9-up sheet}.

But the 9-up sheet is solid. I might take mine to my local print shop and have them
cut professionally. Or I just might leave them the way they are and place them in a 1 pocket
page.

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I Pocket them! Still have not found a copy.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I Pocket them! Still have not found a copy.

Pocket them in a 9 pocket or a single pocket ?
If a nine...how would you cut them ?
{I know...very carefully. lol}

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I meant to say 1 As in One Pocket. I would not cut them.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got some of these signed at Mayhem Fest on Friday. Smile

I had to tell Kerry King what it was, I don't think he's seem them before. So I may actually have the only one signed by him (well, for now Wink).

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got some of these signed at Mayhem Fest on Friday. Smile

I had to tell Kerry King what it was, I don't think he's seem them before. So I may actually have the only one signed by him (well, for now Wink).

EXCELLENT ! Metal

Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
now that's awesome!

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Metal Metal Metal Metal Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy: ....not like what the "Previews" magazine did with those "Avengers" 9-up sheet.

Fred

Say wha-a-a-at???

I'm sorry for going way off topic here - but this reference to an Avengers promo in a Previews magazine takes me by surprise because I don't recall any mention of it before. Was this on a thread I missed somewhere on Card Talk? Can someone (pretty) please elaborate on this? Thanks!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Metal Metal Metal Metal Metal

Just 2 regular guys hanging out!