Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Bettie Page Box 2 BP23-NSU
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bettie Page Box 2 BP23-NSU
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
Regarding the Mars Attacks promo P10, does that carry over from the SDCC 9 card set, even though it looks completely different?

Hi John:

Yes, I am assuming so as well. And P11 is the card to be handed out exclusively at the Fall Philly Non-Sports Card Show next month.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris. You think they would have made it look like the ones from SDCC. That's OK it's a lot nicer looking card, than the first nine.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Can anyone share pics of which one they pulled. Just got my issue today and can't determine if it is the metallic or possible prism finish. Like Harris said it is gonna be hard to determine which one without some pics

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The metallic ones (both the regular one and the embossed version) have a grey background. All others have a white background. The two metallic ones are the easiest to spot.

The prism ones are the hardest to spot as they are somewhat similar to the standard version. Tilt your card and if you see triangular shaped areas of finish on the card surface, you have a prism version. If not, you likely have the standard version. That one has the Bettie Page logo on the card front. Again, it can only be seen by tilting your card. You'll see the spot finish applied saying Bettie Page Private Collection.

I should do a flow-chart. LOL Something like...1) Does your card have a grey background? If so, is it embossed? If so, it is the metallic embossed variety and if not, it is the metallic variety. 2) Does your card feature the Bettie Page logo printed in the upper left hand area of the card front? If so, then you have the embossed version. 3) Does you card have the Bettie Page Private Collection logo printed in metallic at the center of the bottom of the card front? If so, then you have either the gold foil, silver foil, red foil, or blue foil variety depending on the color. 4) Does your card have the Bettie Page Private Collection logo shown in spot finish at the center of the bottom of the card front? If so, you have the standard card. If not, and there is no logo anywhere printed or in spot finish on the card front, and the background is not grey, then you have the no logo version. If you haven't determined your card type yet, go back to #1.

How's that? Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
I think you forgot the "prismatic" finish one in your ahhh... Flow-Chart Harris, hehehe

Smile

Billy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Versicolor,

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I got the basic common card with clear logo. Fine by me, it's a nice looking card!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I got the embossed card. Yippie!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Billy is right...I forgot the prismatic finish one. So let's do this again...

1) Does your card have a grey background?

If so, is it embossed? (i.e. your card is not completely smooth and you can feel the Bettie Page part of the image)

Yes -- you have the metallic embossed promo

No -- you have the metallic version promo

2) Does your card feature the Bettie Page logo printed in the upper left hand area of the card front?

Yes -- You have the embossed promo card

No -- Move on to #3

3) Does you card have the Bettie Page Private Collection logo printed in metallic at the center of the bottom of the card front?

Yes -- You have found either the gold foil, silver foil, red foil, or blue foil variety depending on the color

No -- Move on to #4

4) Does your card have a white background and the Bettie Page Private Collection logo shown in spot finish (i.e. a shiny logo that you can see when you tilt your card) at the center of the bottom of the card front?

Yes -- You have the standard promo.

5) Does your card have a white background and no visible spot finish Bettie Page logo on the card front where Versicolor nearly always places it (i.e. the shiny logo that you can see when you tilt your card at the center of the bottom of the card front)?

Yes -- When you tilt your card, can you see triangular shaped areas of finish (i.e. shiny areas) all over the card front? If so, you have found the prism promo version.

No -- If you do not see the spot finish logo and the triangular shaped finish areas and no Bettie Page logo elsewhere on the card (either printed or in finish), you have found the no logo version.

Still can't identify it? go back to #1.

Hope this helps (and doesn't drive you all insane! Big Grin )

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Still can identify it? go back to #1.

Hope this helps (and doesn't drive you all insane! Big Grin )

Can or Can't - it's already driving me insane Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Makes me feel like I am at work with all these flow charts, lol.......wait I am at work

Harris, Thanks so much! This really helps and had to take a little time and thought into it. Very much appreciated!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes -- You have the standard promo

Yes -- I have the standard promo

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
i bought a copy & got the standard promo.
i went back in, bought ANOTHER copy & got the base metallic variation (easiest to find).

i'm debating if i buy more copies or head to eBAY.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
scan:

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I have some extra promos from the first Bettie Page wave. I'd be willing to trade for variations of this promo (BP23-NSU) or variations of MP1. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just following these on the auction sites. Of the 10 different versions, I have seen only 7 different ones up for grabs so far. I have not seen the gold, prism, or red, yet.

And shockingly, the prices seem to be all over the board. I have seen the "common" ones (metal, embossed, metallic embossed) sell for crazy prices (I guess people didn't know what they were) and HARDER to find ones like the silver and no logo sell cheaply, for a mere $20-25, which seems like a good deal to me

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post