Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Winn Dixie Go Wild in the USA packs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winn Dixie Go Wild in the USA packs
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
Winn Dixie Go Wild in the USA Packs
My daughter got a pack tonight for free when we purchased over 20.00 worth of groceries at Winn Dixie.
They gave her a poster too.
Each sealed pack has 4 cards. Each card features a photo of an animal with a "Did you know" fact and a trivia question on the front. On the back is an picture of a hawk, bear and alligator with the words, "Go Wild in the USA" Winn Dixie BI-LO Harveys.

There are 54 cards total in the set.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
None of those stores in my area.

quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
My daughter got a pack tonight for free when we purchased over 20.00 worth of groceries at Winn Dixie.
Each sealed pack has 4 cards. Each card features a photo of an animal with a "Did you know" fact and a trivia question on the front. On the back is an picture of a hawk, bear and alligator with the words, "Go Wild in the USA" Winn Dixie BI-LO Harveys.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I am fortunate enough to have loving in-laws that are "snow birds" {live half the year in RI and the other half [winter] in FLA} and they came back yesterday {March 23rd}. And even though I found out, roughly two weeks ago, about this offer, they did manage to get me 10 packs of cards before they came back to RI. I also got two big posters, and get this...there's also a BINDER for this 54 card set.
There's 4 cards per pack. Yes, you have to spend $20 to get a pack, but cashiers are either conservative or liberal when they give them out. And one could always score more cards from customers that do not want them.
But since my in-laws live in a very nice community in FL, and have tons of friends there, their friends are going to continue to score these cards for me, so hopefully in another month or two I will have more packs....hopefully. As of right now, I have these for trade....

My Dups for trade;

Coastal: #1 Killer Whales.

Your Backyard: #1 Armadillo, #5 Big Brown bat.

Mountains: #5 Mountain Lion, #9 Peregrine Falcon.

Swamp: #8 Bog Lemming.

Desert: #1 Mustang, #3 Arizona Scorpion, #5 Spadefoot Toad.

Southeastern States: #2 Gray Squirrel.

I need:

Your Backyard: #4 Raccoon, #6 Eastern Screech Owl, #8 Common Garter Snake.

Mountains: #2 Mountain Goat, #3 Bighorn Sheep, #4 Wolverine.

Desert: #4 Roadrunner, #6 Desert Iguana, #7 Jackrabbit, #8 American Tarantula, #9 Gray Fox.

Swamp: #2 American Alligator, #7 Cottonmouth Snake.

Coastal: #6 Harbor Seal, #8 Northern Gannet, #9 Loggerhead Turtle.

Southern States: #4 Black Bear, #9 Southeastern States.

If you have spares and want to trade just let me know here or email me at RITrekkie@cox.net

Peace,
Fred

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Freddy,

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I will let you know in a few weeks if my daughter needs anything. She is down to 5 cards and 4 of them both of us are looking for.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I happened to be in Tampa on business when a commercial for the cards ran on local television. I bought some groceries and one of the albums at a Winn-Dixie in Gainesville. The album has pages for the cards. Many of the albums are a little distorted from being tightly-packed in boxes but they are cheap at $4 each. I came home with two packs and might pick up some more later since part of my collection is animal cards.

It's a nice promotion especially since they make a point of encouraging people to trade their extra cards.

https://www.winndixie.com/shopping/go-wild-winn-dixie

quote:

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Updated my dups and needs list.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I heard that this card set will be UP/OVER on May 5, 2016. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Winn Dixie pulled out of our market several years ago! Frown

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My daughter is down to one card. Lucky for us people have been giving her their packs. Over 100 pack (400 cards) and some cards she has over 20 and others just the one.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
My daughter is down to one card. Lucky for us people have been giving her their packs. Over 100 pack (400 cards) and some cards she has over 20 and others just the one.

Do you have any spares?
I need the following....

Your Backyard: #4 Raccoon, #6 Eastern Screech Owl, #8 Common Garter Snake.

Mountains: #2 Mountain Goat, #3 Bighorn Sheep, #4 Wolverine.

Desert: #4 Roadrunner, #6 Desert Iguana, #7 Jackrabbit, #8 American Tarantula, #9 Gray Fox.

Swamp: #2 American Alligator, #7 Cottonmouth Snake.

Coastal: #6 Harbor Seal, #8 Northern Gannet, #9 Loggerhead Turtle.

Southern States: #4 Black Bear, #9 Southeastern States.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You can go to a store and ask the manager to trade with you. It's mentioned on the company website - link posted above.

100 packs and still short one card? I didn't know if would be that difficult to make a set.

quote:

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
I heard that this card set will be UP/OVER on May 5, 2016. Shake Head

Says it happens March 9 to May 3. The album offer supposedly runs March 30-April 12, for a $40 purchase (some products excluded). As a collector, I don't like promotions that result in pretty much random collation. 4 cards per pack (only 3 if you get the 1:22,148 packs Instant Win card) means it's not uncommon to get 100 packs without a complete set of 56.

When the promotion is over, it's very possible that sets (maybe marked differently) will be sold at the Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens. A set of 56 could lend itself readily to a playing card version.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Lucky for me people were giving my daughter packs (because I asked if they did not want them to give them to me to give to her), it took over 130 packs to get one 54 card base set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hard set to put together. The cards are beautifully done but some are harder to find than others. I don't know if it's the regional distribution or whether the company intentionally short printed certain ones. Only time will tell. I had to open 65 packs to make 1 set.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Hard set to put together. The cards are beautifully done but some are harder to find than others. I don't know if it's the regional distribution or whether the company intentionally short printed certain ones. Only time will tell. I had to open 65 packs to make 1 set.

I'm going to go with..."intentionally short printed."
The person or persons that put this set together weren't 'first timers.'
Like you said, " cards are beautifully done," but on top of that, they did a binder that includes Ultra Pro pages, activity/informational sheets, etc. With all this labor involved with putting this together, I doubt very much they'd make it easy. Very well thought out, on their part.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My daughter got one more pack and got 4 of the hard to find ones all at once allowing for a second set to be made.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A complete set sold "you know where" for about $ 42, including the album

A few other sets, without the album, went for $25

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Ok. The promotion ended 3 weeks early in my area. Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Went shopping tonight for the week. I get to the cash register and they tell me they have run out of cards. Promotion over at my Winn Dixie Twak

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking for Your Backyard #2 Blue Jay. I have about 40 dups if anyone is still looking.

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post