Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Promos for this Years Con in San Diego
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promos for this Years Con in San Diego
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I don't know anyone at the show who has seen the Bombshells P7, 8 or 9 promos, but a friend saw an Outlander P9 and a P11

Haven't seen the Bombshells up for auction either

Bombshells P8 and P9 were artist's promo, you could only get then when the artist ahd their signing at the Cryptozoic booth.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have now seen Bombshells P5 (two for sale), and 1 each of P7 to P9, but no P6.

Someone I know also saw a P10 at SDCC even though it is supposedly for the upcoming National show

Posts: 3982 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting as Topps doesn't even have a booth at SDCC this yea, at least if you go by the program book.I did eventually find them today. They had a 11×14 Jabba the Hut card app poster they were giving out. No physical cards for sale or free, it was all about Cates Trader .

So Topps was promoting non-physical cards at a non-physical booth (sort of...) At least they had some cool SW posters. I saw a Bounty Hunters & a Kylo Ren poster too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2235 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Topps was at the Lucas Pavilion. They had one promo card promoting virtual cards.
Got SDCC P1 & P2 in the $11. Cryptozoic preview pack. Also got another promo for Outlander. Some people got some nice autos in their 3 card packs.
Got Bombshells P4 through P9 but missed the P7. There was no P10.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does it seem like there was not as many new promos cards this year at SDCC as in prior years ? I know there were ones by Crypto, Faerie Metal, Comixology, 3 for 30 Years of Garbage Pail Kids, and some others

Were there ones for Ndbag and the Boogeyman and Justin Chung, as there were most years before 2017 ?

Posts: 3982 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, there was a new 4 card Ndbag set

Not sure about Justin Chung. I think the last new promos I saw from him were 2014 or 15.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Topps was at the Lucas Pavilion. They had one promo card promoting virtual cards.
Got SDCC P1 & P2 in the $11. Cryptozoic preview pack. Also got another (P2) promo for Outlander. Some people got some nice autos in their 3 card packs.
Got Bombshells P4 through P9 but missed the P7. There was no P10.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Saw Justin. He said he didn't do any promos for this year. Missed the Ndbag and the Boogeyman.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
2017 SDCC Promo Cards Found

30 years of Garbage Pail Kids 3 Cards
A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds Series 1 & 2 promos C1 & C2
Bombshells P4, P5, P6, P8, P9
Charley & Humphrey 1 card
Comixology 10th Anniversary 35 Card Set
Court of the Dead Foil Joker promo
Fairy Metal Card Talk Dinner Card and one of 3 Exclusive SDCC Promos (Pin Up 17)
Gentile Giant 15 Cards
Horrible Imaginings 5 different. There were more but lost the info on them.
Outlander P2, P9, SDCC1, SDCC2
Phoenix Incident 01 & 02 Promo Packs (4 cards each)
Rhiannon Owens Artist Card
Softball Download Card
Space Punks 2 cards
The Monstrous Art of Robert Aragon Promos MA1 & MA2
The Spectacular Sisterhood of Superwomen, 10 card book promo set
The Walking Dead-March to War 11 Cards
The Wicked Righteous Comic Download Preview Card
Topps Star Wars Digital Promo Card
Upper Deck Spiderman (Jusko) Legendary Game Card Promo

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
More cards found, OVERSIZED :

Game of Thrones Tarot Cards 2 different
(Judgement & Page of swords)
Hoopla/LA Library 12 Card Set Comics Digital Download (Very Nice)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Trading Cards Uncut Sheet of 4 promo cards (#1 through #4)
Gentile Giant LTD. 6 Star Wars Cards
Name of the Wind Art Decks Playing Cards promo (Jack of Hearts)
PSA Graded Magic Card Gem Mt 10
Upper Deck Marvel Signing Cards 4 different Got Deadpool signed by Dave Doreman and Black Panther signed by John Stanko
Also Large (Poster) Card of Spiderman

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Also got Superman, Batman and the Flash Pins.
Got a Disney Bag, Sarah Kuhn Heroine Complex Signed Bag and 5 WB Bags:The 100, Gotham, Flash, Blade Runner, Lego Ninjago.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.... another decent haul.

Posts: 2235 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Charley and Humphrey? As in the kids' show from the 70's? You'd have to be from the Bay Area to know about them unless you've seen them on Youtube.

Jess

Edit: I was just checking this thread to see if someone posted a list. Thanks. I was momentarily stunned by the idea that there could be a card showing the Charley and Humphrey of my childhood.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
2017 SDCC Promo Cards Found

30 years of Garbage Pail Kids 3 Cards
A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds Series 1 & 2 promos C1 & C2
Bombshells P4, P5, P6, P8, P9
Charley & Humphrey 1 card
Comixology 10th Anniversary 35 Card Set
Court of the Dead Foil Joker promo
Fairy Metal Card Talk Dinner Card and one of 3 Exclusive SDCC Promos (Pin Up 17)
Gentile Giant 15 Cards
Horrible Imaginings 5 different. There were more but lost the info on them.
Outlander P2, P9, SDCC1, SDCC2
Phoenix Incident 01 & 02 Promo Packs (4 cards each)
Rhiannon Owens Artist Card
Softball Download Card
Space Punks 2 cards
The Monstrous Art of Robert Aragon Promos MA1 & MA2
The Spectacular Sisterhood of Superwomen, 10 card book promo set
The Walking Dead-March to War 11 Cards
The Wicked Righteous Comic Download Preview Card
Topps Star Wars Digital Promo Card
Upper Deck Spiderman (Jusko) Legendary Game Card Promo

Posts: 4356 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There definitely was a Bombshells P7 (more are starting to appear) and a new Orphan Black P2, which is also labeled B1 on the back

And some people got Bombshells P10 and Outlander P11 as well

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On Horrible Imaginings, I think there were 17 in the set

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
There were meant to be 16 cards according to the horrible imaginings scavenger hunt! But it was 17 cards .
Can comeone list the 11 walking dead please? Only found 10 myself!
There was a set of mythic legions card made to promote the figures they produce.
Panini justice league P9-12
ND BAG SET OF 4 2017

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Also 9 card uncut descendants 2 sheet
The cut set of these was randomly distuributed
To people as they left D23

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey All,

Only got a few cards this year as I was not on the floor often.

Here's what I got

DC Bombshells P8 X 3
Outlander P9 x 2 (1 w/small corner crease)
Monstrous Art Robert Aragon MA1 x1
Bond Archives Spectre Edition P1 x1
Bond Archives Final Edition P1 x 1
Bond Archives Final Edition P2 x 1

One card only per request

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Had the info on Horrible Imaginings Scavenger Hunt cards but lost it. Too much trouble. Sort of like dealing with Panini. Not worth it. Never saw Ndbag set. Just missed them. The Walking Dead-March to War and SSS 10 card set were the best. The LA Library cards were great as well.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Anyone got extras of Ndbag?