Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Canadian GI Joe - Joe Canuck cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadian GI Joe - Joe Canuck cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have any new cards come out since mid-2009 ?

I just have the ones that people posted above:

Unnumbered 2009 auto card, plus cards #1-10, 13, 17 and 19. Were more released ? If so, anyone have extras ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Numbers 1 through 20 have been released - I have all of them myself except for 11 & 12.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a half dozen #13s and they all have the same backs. What are the differences ? I only have one # 3. Can you tell us how to distinguish between the two ?

Also, anyone have # 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, and 20 that they'd be willing to part with ? If so, please post here. I didn't know that any new cards came out over the past 2 years

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to the posts on the Joe Canuck website, they also had cards G1-G3 at their 2010 con. And it seems like there may have been a fourth card of Lady Jaye that was produced but never distributed at the Canadian show.

Picture of cardsparadise
posted Hide Post
I David,
I will check the backs of numbers 3 and 13 and all the rest of the GI Joe promo cards. You can email me and I will send some pics. thanks
Mark (Cardsparadise@yahoo.com.au)

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Have any new cards come out since mid-2009 ?

I just have the ones that people posted above:

Unnumbered 2009 auto card, plus cards #1-10, 13, 17 and 19. Were more released ? If so, anyone have extras ?

Posts: 114 | Location: Brisbane,QLD,AUSTRALIA | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In case anyone is wondering as to what the variants on # 3 and 13 look like, I have seen scans (but don't actually have them)

One #3 just has text on the lower back. There is a variant which says THIS CARD SPONSORED BY RICKSTOYROOM.COM and it has some pictures

The variant on #13 has THIS CARD SPONSORED BY on the lower back, and it lists 3 names. The regular promo just has plain text

Anyone know where I can find the "sponsored by" version of # 13 ?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Joe Canuck
series 1

I need: # 1, 3, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20 etc.

Have for trade: # 2, 4, 5, 7, 6, 8, 10, 13, 17, 19

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ace, which #13 do you have the extra(s) on ? The version that I need ?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I will have to look. It might take a few.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone have the variant on #3 that says Rickstoyroom.com on the lower back, instead of the regular text ?

I found the variant on #13, but need the one on #3

If you have it, please post here

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few extras of the JoeCanuck cards:

#2,4,5(x2),6,7(x2),8,10,13(x2),14,15,16,17,19(x2),20(x2)

I'm open for trades - I personally need #11 and #12 (and all of the "G" cards & unnumbered auto card).

Thanks!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've only posted on this site once as I'm a fan of G.I. Joe and this thread caught my eye. (A friend told me about this site awhile back).

Anyway, as someone that found out about these via this site, and has been able to pick them all up locally at toy shows and comic book shops in southern ontario (except 2 - #1 and #3). I wanted to let you know about an email I got today from someone that I traded with at the joecanuck boards.

Hey Steve, I thought you'd like to know the trading card section at www.joecanuck.com is back up. Looks like you can buy missing cards for $1.00. http://www.joecanuck.com/cjc See you on Monday. - H

I just ordered the two cards I was missing. It says shipping is free. It's worth the couple of bucks to me.

I have none of those convention cards. G1, etc. Seriously considering buying the signed ones.

Steve

Posts: 4 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
these used to be free,
check the forum there for others trading
or, like I did, just pay the dollar per card Smile

I only need 1 card and 2 of the G series
I picked up an idea badge as well

maybe the autographs, next time Wink

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else ordered cards yet? I just got mine today, and there was 2 Bounty Hunter Toys trading cards in with them. It looks like they are toy specific like the Plaid Stallions cards. I got Star Wars #1 and G.I. Joe #2. So there's at least two cards in the set so far!

Posts: 4 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought that there was something on the site which said that none of the cards would ship until after June 18. How did you get yours already ? I ordered a few about 2 weeks ago, but so far nothing has come.

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I also got mine
we both live in Canada
which is a plus for once

I got 2 different bounty hunter cards
#3, 5
Masters of the Universe and I can't remember the other
hopefully I will see Jason at an upcoming show and ask them what there all about

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David

It seems that the cards are Shipping. I have shown below what is shown on the web site

The majority of the items listed here are pre-order items, available for pick up at the Canadian G.I. Joe Convention.
However, some items are available for purchase to be mailed to your address. Many of these items (T-Shirts, comics, etc) will not be available for mailing until after June 18th. (Most likely starting on the 20th of June). That being said, the trading cards and 2010 Convention comics are available to be shipped out now. If your order involves items that are available to be shipping now and are pre-order items to ship in June, then your entire order will be shipped in June.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I only ordered the cards. Ordered them on April 30, but nothing has come. Perhaps in a few days...

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I emailed Bounty Hunter Toys via the site on the back of the cards I got. www.bountyhuntertoys.com. A reply from someone named Mike said that the cards are tossed in randomly with orders from his site, left at local toy shows, comic stores, and swapped with some friends of his to include with ebay auctions, trades etc etc etc etc etc.

Interesting side-note from my emails back and forth, he is in Hamilton, Ontario which is where I live as well. Small world! Ha!

He said there is 5 cards in the set with a 6th one coming soon.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They sent me Bounty Hunters cards # 2 (GI Joe) and # 5 (Super Powers Collection-- shows Batman, Superman, etc)