Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Canadian GI Joe - Joe Canuck cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadian GI Joe - Joe Canuck cards
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
I know many of you already know about these and have some of the cards as do I.

I meant to post this last week but totally forgot.

You can get free Joe Canuck trading cards from the Canadian GI Joe News and Message Board by sending them an email.

Already one, possibly 2 cards are in the hard to find status.

Full details are available here:

JoeCanuck.com

These work similarly as the Mego Museum cards. You get some and then trade (not sale) for the ones you are missing.

So far, it appears cards 1 through 10, 13, 17, and 19 have been printed and distributed.

Nice quality cards. A trade section has already started on Card Talk, but right now everyone seems to have about the same numbers...

A fellow Card Talker initially alerted me to these cards...

Here is a scan of one of the cards (#6) borrowed from JoeCanuck.com:

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I sent for these and they responded and took my address but as yet i have not recieved any. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received an email from today that stated they are no longer mailing cards outside of North America.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received an email from the website person who sent out the cards, saying that they ran out of cards # 1 and 9, and that they discovered before they even sent any of them to collectors within the past few weeks that they didn't have any #3s. I didn't get any of those three numbers. Apparently the cards were previously given out at G.I.Joe conventions in Canada, several years back.

Has anyone come across these prior to the recent website giveaway ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I found someone on another forum to send me a #3 as part of a trade and a fellow card talker is sending me #1, so I believe that the only cards I am missing are ones not yet printed or distributed: 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20+.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If anyone has cards #1 and 3 that they'd like to part with, please drop me a line. Thanks !

David

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Got mine today.2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,13,17,19,22,and a 2009 Convention blank auto card.

Extra's 2 x2, 5, 6, 7, 10, 13 x2, 17

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John, is that correct ? You received a # 22 ?

I posted on the board that Mike referenced, and someone contacted me, offering # 1 and 3 for free. Yay !

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
After looking I don't think it goes with this set. It's torpedo fist and is a picture of a toy, but the address on it is plaidstallions.com.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
After looking I don't think it goes with this set. It's torpedo fist and is a picture of a toy, but the address on it is plaidstallions.com.

yeah, I got 1 lone Mego Museum card with my batch.

I need: (like most)
1, 3, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20+

I have extras:
2, 4, 5(x4), 6, 10(x4), 13, 17 (x2), 19 (x2).

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
John the card # 22 is part of the Plaidstallions set which at the moment has 24 cards in it.

The Dr Who mego card i posted about is from this set.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I have not collected the mego cards or paid them much attention, or I would have known that.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I sent for these and they responded and took my address but as yet i have not recieved any. Frown

Wolfie honey...if they won't send to you in the UK you can use my mailing addy.

T.

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tamara. Wavey

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I just received the following cards :# 2,4,5,7,8,10,13,17,19. Doubles :# 2,4,7,8,10,13,17,19. and a triple : #10. So if anyone needs any of the extra cards, I need the missing #'s. Thanks All !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumb Up Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With an enormous thank you to Greg Geerts I now possess some of these cards and some others.

MANY THANKS GREG.

regards

john Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So what is the big deal about these cards anyway?

I saw some sell on ebay and the seller told me about this site.

Has anyone else tried selling any? How do you get them?

Posts: 4 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I got the 3 cards I was missing to be up-to-date: cards 1, 3 and 9. So, now all I need are the cards that aren't out yet. I hope it is this easy to KEEP caught up.

Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woof:
So what is the big deal about these cards anyway?

I saw some sell on ebay and the seller told me about this site.

Has anyone else tried selling any? How do you get them?

If you look at the 1st message in this thread, you will see how to get them. At least some of them.

And so far the folks on the forum there have been generous in sending some of the missing ones.

These are not really intended to be sold, but traded and given away. Similar to the way the Mego Museum cards are done.

Mike.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was organising my cards and i noticed that there's 2 different versions of card #3 and card #13 , the fronts are the same , but the backs are different , different text ,

Canadian G.I.Joe Blank Autograph Header card
1-20 numbered cards + 2 diff #3 & #13
unnumbered checklist card
( 24 cards total )

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post