Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Spider-man 2 Movie promos (Payless Shoes)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider-man 2 Movie promos (Payless Shoes)
 Login/Join

posted
I am wondering if anyone has these. How rare are they? Any idea what a 2-card set would sell for?

Posts: 26 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nonsports:
I am wondering if anyone has these. How rare are they? Any idea what a 2-card set would sell for?

I just called my local Payless Shoe, here in Warwick, RI and the nice woman said that she has worked there for more than two years and has never seen any type of promo for Spider-Man 2. I asked her specifically if she's seen any type of trading cards, mini posters, special shoe boxes that may have had cards on them, and she still said "no."
Sorry, but I tried.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the effort, but I think the cards came out when the Spider-man 2 Movie did (back in 2004 - this was from the original Spider-man 2 (not the Amazing Spider-man 2)). Sorry for the confusion.

Posts: 26 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a set. They are sort of rectangular sized, larger than regular cards, but not quite as big as Topps Widevision cards

Sorry, I don't know what they are worth

And yes, they came out in 2004 or whenever the 2nd Tobey Macguire film was out

Another tough set to find--the cards for Spider Man 3 (2007) that came in the DVD

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have a set I'm not sure what David is describing but they are regular size cards that came in a specific wrapper:

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those are the ones. I haven't looked at them in years. I thought that the wrapper was larger than the standard size, but I guess my memory was fuzzy !

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I vaguely remember these.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I have the set too.

I remember paying about 15$ for the pack.

It's a tough one to get.

Anyone have scan from the one from Spider Man 3 (2007) that came in the DVD?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are scans of the Spidey 3 DVD cards above in the General Card Section, Identi Card thread

Look at the March 2011 posts

Posts: 3988 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, the May 6, 2011 post

Posts: 3988 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
ere are the pictures that dough boy posted then:

Thanks!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post