Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Man Who Fell to Earth and Dr. Who Movies promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Man Who Fell to Earth and Dr. Who Movies promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Both sets, Dr. Who Movies and Man Who Fell to Earth have NSP1 and RTP1 dealer promos. Are there others ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only 100 of each made, all 4 of them

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On Dr. Who, website says there is a 1/100 promo if you order a box, and a Twitter promo !

I think there are also other new promos for the Dr. Who set

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also looks like some low print run dealer specific cards too. Seen one at '/50 and one at '/40, so far. There's two b/w photo promos marked '/100' too. Not sure where these originate.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
I was a somewhat surprised to see those dealer specific cards show up all of a sudden. No clue as to how many dealers have them. I guess it's to be discovered on the go.
Haven't seen those /40 or /50 cards thus far.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What does the Twitter promo look like ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On Dr. Who, there appears to be a new MP1, MHP1 (limited to 40), and one by JDW Cards limited to 50 (number on back unknown)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a CCP1 limited to 50

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
MP1 seems to be limited to 100

Spencer, what was the other B&W one you saw limited to 100 ?

NSP1 and RTP1 also, 100 made of each

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
As long as the unnumbered ones continue to pour onto the market it makes no difference what they are numbered to as you just get one of those and put your own number on it. Mad

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Funny how that often happens

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
MP1 seems to be limited to 100

Spencer, what was the other B&W one you saw limited to 100 ?

NSP1 and RTP1 also, 100 made of each

My mistake those are the two I meant.

The limited order/binder card is marked UCP1, the one I got was unnumbered. Still not a clue what the Twitter card is, at all. Anybody?

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So on the recent Dr. Who there are, at least

NSP1.... 100 made
RTP1.... 100 made
UCP1
MP1.... 100 made
CCP1.... 50 made
one by JDW.... 50 made (not sure what # is)
MHP1.... 40 made

I wonder if there will be the same with Man Who Fell to Earth promos in a few weeks-- they have already done NSP1 and RTP1 on those. Too many and too hard to get ! Frown

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I wonder if there will be the same with Man Who Fell to Earth promos in a few weeks-- they have already done NSP1 and RTP1 on those. Too many and too hard to get ! Frown

Let's hope there won't be too many additional promo cards. I still feel shivers from the endless amount of promos that Breygent released for American Horror Story.
On the other hand I can imagine dealers feeling proud to have their own exclusive card. It's just that collecting them becomes such an endless endeavour.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received MHP1 this morning. Not made to same standard as other cards. Not lamination, just plain card. Basically same standard as a laser print, front is textured from the printing. Not sure I too bothered with the others.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I spoke to JDW (see above) and he told me that his promo limited to 50 is unnumbered on the back, unlike MHP1, MP1, etc

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently the Twitter promo was cancelled, as per Unstoppable

posted Hide Post
Might be an idea to take it down off the website in that case?

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post

PR1

RTP1

NSP1

MP1

JDWP1

JDWP1 Black & White 1/1

MHP1

CCP1

rydeclive1

rydeclive2

UCP1

UTCP1

Preview set

These are the nine Dr Who Daleks promo's I know off. There is also 1 of 1 mono proof versions of at least some of them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sittin9duck,

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You seem to be on top of these new Unstoppable promos !

Do you know how many there are on Wicker Man ? I know of PR1, UCP1, NSP1, RTP1, and now it seems that Rydeclive has one limited to 40, I think. Are there others ???