Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Zero Cool 2022 NSCC Promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero Cool 2022 NSCC Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I was already leaning toward getting the Dune lenticular if I was going to get just one of them but maybe the multi-image display isn't much better. Is it a motion card or more of a 2-3 image card like a slideshow? Kodak used to make great motion cards in the 90's but not every card company wants to pay for the same level of quality.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Just got the Clerks III card in hand.

I'm a Clerks fan, and a lenticular fan so this seemed awesome.

I personally am not impressed with the card.

Physically the card is nice -- it's thin, and seems to be 100% plastic.

The lenticular side is too hard to really see. There is text in the red circle -- I can't read it at all. The motion on the front is VERY choppy, and the characters aren't really large enough so they don't look good at all. I tried to view it with more light thinking that would help, but if you get too much light the back bleeds through since the card is plastic.

It is also a bit of an odd design in that Jay and Bob are off on the right side of the card leaving most of the left half of the card a blank wall.

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Interesting. I was already leaning toward getting the Dune lenticular if I was going to get just one of them but maybe the multi-image display isn't much better. Is it a motion card or more of a 2-3 image card like a slideshow? Kodak used to make great motion cards in the 90's but not every card company wants to pay for the same level of quality.

It looks like there are 4 images. The card is supposed to show Jay and Silent Bob's dance, but with 4 images it really isn't a motion card.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Stranger Things set sold on eBay in an auction format by Probstein for $1600.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A year later, while it appears that the Dune and Clerks promos can be obtained for $ 5 to 15, with the Clerks being the cheaper card, it seems like the Stranger Things still have crazy prices. Are people still into these cards and the TV show ?

Posts: 4007 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post