Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Zero Cool 2022 NSCC Promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero Cool 2022 NSCC Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Has anyone seen the promos by this new company, discussed above under the News section ? Some were released at the NSCC this week.

Have seen a few on ebay for CRAZY prices

DUNE Motion Card (asking price ONLY $ 50)

CLERKS III Motion Card ($ 50 )

Stranger Things; appears to be an 18 card set; I see SINGLE cards with asking prices of between $99 and $ 399.00. Have not seen a set of 18.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess we'll have to wait 'til after the end of the show to get a feel for how rare those lenticulars and Stranger Things cards are. If they're giving some out every day, some sellers are going to be more reasonable especially if the cards aren't selling at the crazy prices.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Has anyone seen the promos by this new company, discussed above under the News section ? Some were released at the NSCC this week.

Have seen a few on ebay for CRAZY prices

DUNE Motion Card (asking price ONLY $ 50)

CLERKS III Motion Card ($ 50 )

Stranger Things; appears to be an 18 card set; I see SINGLE cards with asking prices of between $99 and $ 399.00. Have not seen a set of 18.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some people actually grabbed a few of these.

Looks like a CLERKS III lenticular card sold for $20-24

And some of the Stranger Things singles sold for less than $ 100. Still, that is ALOT

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Stranger Things packs from the NSCC say on the backs

FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY
NOT FOR SALE

A ton of the singles have shown up on ebay. Not sure if all 18 have appeared. I have not seen any sets. Some of the singles have sold for $200-300 each (!) Some now have asking prices as low as a few dollars, but let's see if they go up

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Besides the Dune and Clerks III motion cards at the NSCC there are also promo packs for each set

What are inside these packs ? Looks like cards, not the motion cards

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Besides the Dune and Clerks III motion cards at the NSCC there are also promo packs for each set

I assumed it was the lenticular cards -- at least for Clerks as I haven't seen anything else pop up on eBay outside of the lenticular and the pack.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the cards that I have seen on the 18 card Stranger Things set:

1- Will
2- Eddie
3- Joyce
4- Steve
5- Nancy
6- Murray
7- Max
8- Lucas
9- Vecna
10- Erica
11- Eleven
12- Dustin
13- Jonathan
14- Robin
15- Hopper
16- Argyle
17- Mike
18- Mrs. Wheeler

Some seem to be harder to find than others

A complete set of 18 DID show up and on August 4 a "best offer" was accepted. Not sure what it sold for, but the asking price was $1,999 !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another set of the 18 Stranger Things cards sold on Aug 21 for $ 3,000

posted Hide Post
quote:
Another set of the 18 Stranger Things cards sold on Aug 21 for $ 3,000

Oddly eBay's seller research page (terapeak) shows this sold for $1,500 -- but when you click through to the page it says it sold for $2990. No idea what is happening here -- I've never seen that before.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/resear...z=America%2FNew_York

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Clerks and Dune cards have sold for as low as $5 shipped.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, things are getting real because it looks like a lot of those cards were given out but not in the numbers of an SDCC giveaway of twenty years ago. You can find either one in the $10-20 range if you want it right now. I see one seller also wanting at least $10 shipping. Give me a break.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
The Clerks and Dune cards have sold for as low as $5 shipped.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Yeah, things are getting real because it looks like a lot of those cards were given out but not in the numbers of an SDCC giveaway of twenty years ago.

This auction's listing is kinda interesting -- I have no idea how accurate it is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265829535395

"Background:

Fanatics Collectibles, a leader in physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, announced at the NSCC that zerocool, the first trading card brand dedicated to pop-culture and entertainment, unveiled new licensing partnerships with Netflix to create trading card sets for Netflix's Stranger Things. The yet to be released zerocool trading card set will celebrate the iconic property through a premium, collectible product that can be purchased via direct-to-consumer and retail platforms later this year.

As Netflix's second title ever to garner one billion hours viewed, the iconic Stranger Things characters and scenes will be immortalized in physical trading cards by zerocool. Starting at the end of 2022 and into 2023, zerocool will release a premium Stranger Things trading card set for collectors, along with sets that will be available in multiple big box retailers. The upcoming Stranger Things trading card sets pay homage to entertainment and sports cards of the 1980s, tying back to the decade during which the series takes place. The cards will also feature relics from the series, as well as premium packaging and a coveted collectible in each box.

To celebrate the launch and give collectors a first reveal into what future sets will offer, zerocool produced one-of-a-kind, limited, and collectible promotion cards that were only available at the National Sports Collectors Convention the end of July 2022. The release was limited to no more than two "drops" per day with each one limited to only 50 packs. Each individual was allowed to show their ticket to retrieve one pack from the zerocool Stranger Things vending machine.
"

I don't know how many cards are in every pack, but that sounds like ~400 total packs.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One seller says that the Dune lenticular was in a pack. The seller is offering the card and the empty pack.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

I assumed it was the lenticular cards -- at least for Clerks as I haven't seen anything else pop up on eBay outside of the lenticular and the pack.

posted Hide Post
They opened a Stranger Things pack on this live stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eId5CIw_dfg

Around the 18:40 mark they finally start opening -- and audio drops as well.

2 cards in that pack that was opened.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's an image of the complete set of the "Stranger Things" cards.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
so if there were only 2 cards in a pack and you had to queue to get one each how come people have full sets of 18 on ebay? Roll Eyes

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
so if there were only 2 cards in a pack and you had to queue to get one each how come people have full sets of 18 on ebay? Roll Eyes

I would imagine some people traded for them at the show.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Historically Zerocool hasn't been shy about holding back part of their inventory.

The auction description I posted above reads like a press release which I found a bit odd.

posted Hide Post
Just got the Clerks III card in hand.

I'm a Clerks fan, and a lenticular fan so this seemed awesome.

I personally am not impressed with the card.

Physically the card is nice -- it's thin, and seems to be 100% plastic.

The lenticular side is too hard to really see. There is text in the red circle -- I can't read it at all. The motion on the front is VERY choppy, and the characters aren't really large enough so they don't look good at all. I tried to view it with more light thinking that would help, but if you get too much light the back bleeds through since the card is plastic.

It is also a bit of an odd design in that Jay and Bob are off on the right side of the card leaving most of the left half of the card a blank wall.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

The same way some people always have full sets of certain cards that are distributed in ways that ordinary collectors find difficult, I would imagine. Zerocool has already shown itself to be a heavy media promoter, handing out free samples to advertisers and reviewers and the ever-popular social influencers.

The amusing part is that they think this is something new and savvy, when it's always been going on in a less public way. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post