Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Penny Dreadful
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks every one. We're just about sold out already. It was pretty limited, like I said. Just s couple left now.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this opportunity Harris! Ordered 1!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Outstanding offer! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have a few more then I thought so my post above about 'just a couple left' was a bit off. However, these will really be quite limited - that part was correct. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Order placed

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I hope it will last until the beginning of August (that's when I will be able to order one) Wink

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I just pulled the DEATH card from my NSU issue Roll Eyes

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My 3 copies had # 15 The Devil, 16 The Tower, and 21 The World

Then I bought the Deluxe Edition and received my "set" of 13 Smile

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
WOW!, How did I miss out on this offer! Oh well, I guess that will learn me. Anyway... at least I pulled the HERMIT card (no. IX)

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The offer only lasted one day, July 23, and they all sold out quickly

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Received my deluxe copy today. All the promos in a 9 pocket sheet was a nice touch. Plus the mag itself had another envelope of three promos.
I got another Justice, Outlander P1 and Stooges P1.

Well done Harris.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my deluxe version today complete with 13 Penny Dreadful cards, four 3 Stooges Series 4 cards and 1 P3 Fringe Season 5 card all in one 9 pocket page plus the envelope with 3 more cards. Wonderful!

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Had my deluxe copy arrive. The Penny Dreadful cards are superb quality. Smile Clap
I did end up with two the same, #21 The World. But the separate one in the envelope was #12 The Hanged Man so that was good.

I used to read Tarot cards a few years ago and I own a few decks. While the ones designed for the show are very different to the conventional themes of Tarot they are great because they are so different and totally recognizable as being only from this show.

Very happy. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Picked Up XX and XXI today at Wizard World Chicago.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So it looks like the first 9 cards will be 1 per 36 packs, which I guess means 1 per box ?

Wonder if alot of dealers will open these and/or if they will show up on ebay...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not quite. The odds were lowered to 1:32 packs, but there are 24 packs per box. There haven't been 36 packs per box in quite some time and some new products have only 20 packs per box. I expect that to become the new norm along with a 5 card pack pretty soon. No doubt the price will stay the same. Shake Head

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many promo collectors will chase after the first 9 ? Some might argue that they are not really promos (cards 1-9)

I was frustrated to learn a few months ago on the Benchwarmer Dream Girls that after 1-18 came in NSU and 19-22 were at Philly, that BW later released 23-40 in packs in a BW card set. These later ones don't seem to show up alot

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tommy C:
I wonder how many promo collectors will chase after the first 9 ? Some might argue that they are not really promos (cards 1-9)/QUOTE]

Oh I would certainly call tarot cards 1 - 9 a chase set that happens to connect to a series of promos 10 - 21. I would also consider the whole run 1 - 21 to be part of the set if I were intent on completing it.

None of that matches the strict definitions of the terms, but in this case it feels right for this particular set and the way the cards were distributed to me. I think you will be able to get 1 - 9 as a lot easy enough from dealers a couple of months down the road. I think finding 20 - 21 might be a bit harder, but I haven't tried yet.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just correcting my post-- 0 to 8 come in the boxes (not 1-9), 9 to 21 were in NSU

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of the tarot chase, so as not to have my promo set be incomplete

There was some concern that the 9 card set would be hard to assemble, but the sets seem to be relatively easy, and not expensive at all

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post