Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Marvel's Agents of SHIELD comic book/TV show promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD comic book/TV show promos
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted
Hey guys- heads up- I just found out about these yesterday but there is a promotional set of five trading cards being included with Marvel's 2015 calendar that would be given out at your local comic book shop. There are cards for Melinda May, Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons, Phil Coulson and Skye which depicts the actor on the front of the card and a comic book rendition of them on the reverse. Skye is the hardest one to obtain it seems. Cards are attached to the calendar with a light adhesive that is relatively easy to pull the cards off from. I will post pictures later.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Wonder why they didn't make one for Ward

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They did, but it escaped in comically easy fashion.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Wonder why they didn't make one for Ward

I assume he isn't in the comic.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
My local comic store would only let me have one calender. I got the Coulson card.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Pretty neat that they do these. They did one a few years ago with Avengers Photo ID cards. There were several different members and a blank one (so you can put your own photo on it, I suppose).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Got the last one at my LCS and the card inside is SKYE.... Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else besides me having difficulty finding these ?

Saw 1 set on ebay--that's it

Went to a few comic stores and they all told me that they had to order a certain number of SHIELD comics to get these calendars with cards, and none of them ordered anywhere near as many as was required to get ANY

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I just sent an email to my comic store. Let's see if having the world's largest comic book store nearby will pay off.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
Well, he had a few extra calendars but they all had the same card I already got. Oh Well.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yea these are a real pain. I managed to get 3 different ones but the packs usually only have one or two different cards in them. Not all stores got them around here but I have not given up.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All the packs we had at my job had all five cards, but Skye was only one per pack of 24.

Val

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Frank,

My not so local comic store is now on their 3rd order of the calendars. I asked the owner to save a calendar with the Skye card for me. Some of the closer stores only ordered one pack of 24 or none at all.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
the comic store I went to said he wasn't allowed to order ANY calendars as he had to order a certain number of the SHIELD comics to be allowed to do so, and he ordered few comics

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can you see through the packs what cards are inside ?

Went to a local comic store--only allowed 1 calendar per customer. Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The packs contain the calendars, the cards are within the calendar a few pages in, it is random if you don't open the calendar to see, but from the packs my store got- Skye was the top card and the Coulson cards were towards the bottom of the stack.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cordelia, do you have any of the 5 left ? If so, which ones

David

Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
I have an extra Leo Fitz card, if anyone want to trade there Skye or Jemma Simmons card PLK

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Cordelia, do you have any of the 5 left ? If so, which ones

David

I don't have any more at my job, we gave all of the calendars out to our customers, though I was able to snag a set. I will post here if I come across another set though.

Val

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally got these. Thanks for the trades.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post