Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Benchwarmer Promo Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Benchwarmer Promo Cards
 Login/Join

Picture of Andy
posted
Just stumbled upon a Benchwarmer promo card that I hadn't seen before on Ebay. It's card 4 of 5 (Lauren Kim) for Funfest in Anahein, CA from April 16 - 18, 2010. Anyone know who the four others are?

Andy

Posts: 159 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: September 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like these were from an Anaheim Comic Con.

2 others have since appeared on ebay. Alicia Kozlowski (3 of 5) and Lisa Ligon (1 of 5) dressed as Supergirl. Does DC Comics know about this one ? See ebay auction 160459115722

Posts: 4000 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All 5 of these appeared on ebay over the past month or two. They are:

1 of 5- Lisa Ligon (in Supergirl outfit)
2 of 5- Tanea Brooks (as Tomb Raider)
3 of 5- Alicia Kozlowski
4 of 5- Lauren Kim
5 of 5- Kristina Rodrigues

I have alse see a Jennifer Korbin from a 2010 NSCC (National) show that no one has mentioned. It has the same front as the recent San Diego SDCC card #1, but with the National logo on it.

Finally, I don't see this posted anywhere else, but there were 3 Benchwarmer cards, H1-H3, from an April 2009 Hawaii Trade Conference (they say "Florida Edition" on the backs) They are Mary Riley, Lisa Gleave, and Jennifer Korbin.

Posts: 4000 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a second promo from this year's National/NSCC show. It is # 2 and also depicts Korbin, but in a different shot than #1. In this one, she has a baseball glove.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Regarding the 5 2010 Anaheim Benchwarmer comic book-style autos discussed above, despite the fact that they are numbered 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc. I have actually seen a SIXTH one surface on the auction sites over the past month or so.

There is an unnumbered auto of Lindsay Dennis dressed as Batgirl. Like the others, it says "Anaheim Comic Con, April 16-18, 2010" on it. This one is not from this year.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I found 2 new auto promo cards at the Las Vegas International Licensing Show today! Shay Lyn Veasy & Lisa Gleave

No numbers on the cards but they are printed with the Expo logo and dates on them.

I also got 1 of Brian Wallos business cards. Which is also a Gold Edition promo card with Lisa Gleave on it.

I'll try to post scans when I have time

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems like with that Vegas show from earlier this year, Benchwarmer just took a bunch of older and previously released autos and chase and put the Vegas stamp on them

There are a bunch of 2010 Vault chase cards, most numbered out of 5 or 10, with the 2011 Vegas stamp on them. There is a variant on the recent Hot for Teacher auto with the Vegas stamp

I have even seen on ebay old costume cards from as far back as 2004, that Benchwarmer has stamped for the 2011 Vegas show

Are the 2 new ones you have seen actually new, or are they old autos with the new stamp ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they're new images or not. I'm not a big benchwarmer collector. With my limited knowledge I am led to believe they are new images because the Expo logo and dates are NOT stamped on but printed on as part of the design. I can of course be wrong because I am SO not the authority on these cards lol. But they're definitely not left over stock that they stamped over.

The cards I have are NOT from the Industry Summit cards that are on ebay. They're for a Licensing Expo here in Las Vegas that is going on as we speak (today is the last day). There was a 2010 card the same way that can be found on ebay. They weren't giving away any costume, relic or kiss cards (or anything else). Just the 2 autographs.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can you post scans ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
2011 Las Vegas Licensing Show June 16-19 @ Mandalay Bay

Brian Wallos business card front/back

Lisa Gleaves front/back

Shay Lyn Veasy front/back

I searched for the Shay Lyn auto and couldn't find any older cards that were the same artwork or design. But again, I am SO not the authority on new Benchwarmer cards. But now you know what these look like!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jake, I have also seen an auto from the same show you attended of Jessica Hall

However, I have not seen that Brian Wallos business card. Do you have an extra ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I finally found that Lisa Gleave business card you posted on. If you look closely on the picture, it actually says PROMO CARD on it in small gold letters.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
if you look at my post on June 15th, I said that.