Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Marvel Heroes Reborn Packs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Heroes Reborn Packs
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Coming to comic stores on May 5

Not sure how many cards there are. One article said 25 cards, but then I saw another source which said packs will have 10 cards. Maybe you need multiple packs to make a set ?

See below

https://www.marvel.com/article...-trading-card-covers

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The local comic store told me he's getting packs of 10 cards, and he's requiring folks to buy 2 copies of the comic to get 1 pack.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Single cards on the auction sites already. Frown

posted Hide Post
I don't see any of the cards on eBay, only the trading card variant covers to some of the early issues of the new Heroes Reborn comic.

I think stores are getting bundles of 25 packs, each with 10 cards:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN218201

My guess is this is a 10-card set and each pack has all 10 cards. There are nine issues of the new Heroes Reborn comic and nine trading card variant covers that together make up a larger image. So that's nine individual cards and a tenth showing the complete image, maybe?

Posts: 62 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The comic and the cards were released today. I bought a copy of the comic and got a card pack for free. I got the feeling he would have just given me the pack but I like buying stuff there. It appears it is a 10 card set with all the cards in every pack.

There's a clerk who has worked there for over 25 years and that's with the store changing hands three times in that span. He remembers when I was buying cards there. They just have Magic and other stuff like that now. He recalled when Marvel Masterpieces and Marvel Universe 4 came out. The store bought multiple cases of those and they sold out. They even had some large display that was full of packs. He added that the store often traded for 3D hologram variants as customers opened their packs right there on the counter.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
The local comic store told me he's getting packs of 10 cards, and he's requiring folks to buy 2 copies of the comic to get 1 pack.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I am out of town today and wondered into a comic book store and he had a stack of packs on the counter. I asked about them as I was buying a comic. “Free with a purchase”, he said so he gave me one.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped at my local comic/card store to pick up some comics and asked about this promo set. Nobody working there knew anything about it.

Posts: 62 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I have seen these in two stores in Nova Scotia so far. I was given one when buying Funko Pops for my boys.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
These card images pre-date the release of the comic books. Could that be a first for trading cards beating comic books?

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I have a couple extra packs available to trade if anyone is interested.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
I have a couple extra packs available to trade if anyone is interested.

One of the two packs has been traded. Thanks Bond! There is one left now.