Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Marvel Heroes Reborn Packs

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/7127080696

April 28, 2021, 03:39 PM
Tommy C
Marvel Heroes Reborn Packs
Coming to comic stores on May 5

Not sure how many cards there are. One article said 25 cards, but then I saw another source which said packs will have 10 cards. Maybe you need multiple packs to make a set ?

See below

https://www.marvel.com/article...-trading-card-covers
April 28, 2021, 04:14 PM
Tommy C
The local comic store told me he's getting packs of 10 cards, and he's requiring folks to buy 2 copies of the comic to get 1 pack.
April 28, 2021, 05:31 PM
Tommy C
Single cards on the auction sites already. Frown
April 29, 2021, 07:42 PM
Bob Johnson
I don't see any of the cards on eBay, only the trading card variant covers to some of the early issues of the new Heroes Reborn comic.

I think stores are getting bundles of 25 packs, each with 10 cards:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN218201

My guess is this is a 10-card set and each pack has all 10 cards. There are nine issues of the new Heroes Reborn comic and nine trading card variant covers that together make up a larger image. So that's nine individual cards and a tenth showing the complete image, maybe?
May 05, 2021, 11:52 PM
catskilleagle
The comic and the cards were released today. I bought a copy of the comic and got a card pack for free. I got the feeling he would have just given me the pack but I like buying stuff there. It appears it is a 10 card set with all the cards in every pack.

There's a clerk who has worked there for over 25 years and that's with the store changing hands three times in that span. He remembers when I was buying cards there. They just have Magic and other stuff like that now. He recalled when Marvel Masterpieces and Marvel Universe 4 came out. The store bought multiple cases of those and they sold out. They even had some large display that was full of packs. He added that the store often traded for 3D hologram variants as customers opened their packs right there on the counter.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
The local comic store told me he's getting packs of 10 cards, and he's requiring folks to buy 2 copies of the comic to get 1 pack.

May 11, 2021, 03:06 PM
barobehere
I am out of town today and wondered into a comic book store and he had a stack of packs on the counter. I asked about them as I was buying a comic. “Free with a purchase”, he said so he gave me one.
May 27, 2021, 02:00 PM
Bob Johnson
I stopped at my local comic/card store to pick up some comics and asked about this promo set. Nobody working there knew anything about it.
June 26, 2021, 03:44 PM
Curler
I have seen these in two stores in Nova Scotia so far. I was given one when buying Funko Pops for my boys.
June 26, 2021, 07:48 PM
Heroes For Hire
These card images pre-date the release of the comic books. Could that be a first for trading cards beating comic books?
October 13, 2021, 03:37 PM
Curler
I have a couple extra packs available to trade if anyone is interested.
November 21, 2021, 06:23 PM
Curler
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
I have a couple extra packs available to trade if anyone is interested.

One of the two packs has been traded. Thanks Bond! There is one left now.